Stealth product sheet.

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Mdamen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Stealth product sheet.

Post by Mdamen »

Why did you directly connect the ground cable?
Can't it be plugged into the stealth module?

--
Maarten Damen

www.maartendamen.com
jheerink

Stealth product sheet.

Post by jheerink »

No, They came without any docs, only wrapped in plastic.There are 6 connection points 2 unmarked, 2N's and 2L's of which 1 has an out arrow on it. The N's are connected on the print. The unmarked ones have no visible connection on the print and seem to be there for future applications ? We conected the blue (0) to the N's and the incoming brown (black) to the L and the outgoing to the L with the arrow. They work fine this way. You haven to take care however when using installation wire. The stealth look fragile and bending the stiff cable when connected to the stealth can be tricky.They seem to be designed for softtype installation wire. (The connection inserts are very short you can only push around 4-5mm of stripped metal in them but it's possible as you can see on the pictures)
jheerink

Stealth product sheet.

Post by jheerink »

(offtopic stealth) We ran into an other problem however that we had identified earlier already. If we try to switch om 10 pc,s at the same time using the stealth, the circuitbreaker in the switchbord switches to off. We will probably have to change our "installation automaten" to an other type to prevent the peek loads when switching on all the pc,s at 1 time. We are looking into that right now
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Stealth product sheet.

Post by Snelvuur »

ofcourse you can do that also 1 at a 1.. if you have homeseer in between you can make a script to do 1 each 5 seconds for instance..

// Erik (binkey.nl)
jheerink

Stealth product sheet.

Post by jheerink »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snelvuur</i>
<br />ofcourse you can do that also 1 at a 1.. if you have homeseer in between you can make a script to do 1 each 5 seconds for instance..

// Erik (binkey.nl)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I doubt if that could work. The problem is that once we power the powersupply line to the pc,s (not starting them yet),just this already trigggers the main fuse (installatie automaat)During a short moment there is a power spike that triggers the fuse. The solution seems to change our quick reacting fuses by slower types. The use of a diazed type fuse. (Found this info describing the problem http://www.et-installateur.nl/PDF/TA00_3.PDF

And the reason of course is saving on the electric bill. By using the stealth we could already check that even if everything is off, but still plugged in, one computer-group (we have 10) uses around 35 to 40 Watts. A quick calculation learns that by switching off during hours that we are closed we can save around 40,- per year per group. (400,- for all of them) This quickly earns back the investment of the stealths, even if we have to change the fuses
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Stealth product sheet.

Post by Snelvuur »

1 by 1 should work, given that they have all a few seconds in between. This will only create a smaller spike (only multiple) but your idea is fine too. Just dont use those fuses in a room where they play with electricity ;) But this is a good example on how to earn money back.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
jheerink

Stealth product sheet.

Post by jheerink »

We changed the plan and split up the groups by adding an other stealth halfway the line. If the main stealth powers up it powers the first group of pc,s in the line, and the second stealth. Because it takes a few seconds before the second stealth connects the power, the spike is halved. We tested it and that works ok. We only need double the amount of stealths but still cheaper then modifying our main power board.
petermdevries

Stealth product sheet.

Post by petermdevries »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Reinder</i>
<br />Hi there. The price of the Stealth is known and will be 55euro/piece (incl VAT).
Minimum number that can be ordered are 3 pieces. In a box of 10pcs there will be a discount of 10% possible.
So for a box of 3, the price will be 165euro (incl VAT)
for a box of 10 pieces the price will be 495euro.

Later on, I hope I can tell you all how to order. Thanks for the interest.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Reinder, any progress on this offer (when and how we can order the stealths)?
Lexje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Stealth product sheet.

Post by Lexje »

Hi all,

Count me in for Stealth like stuff.
I was mainly thinking of 3 things:
- Build a powerstrip (prolongation wire with 1 male and +/- 10 female connectors) capable of measuring and switching each outlet individually.
- Interconnect Plugwise / Zigbee with EIB-KNX
- Use Plugwise technology interconnected with standard power outlet socket (BE-type)

I realize we should be capable of building the circuit ourselves. (Elektuur (?)).
Also I think we should cooperate and put together a 'bigger' or 'huge' command of stealth's - say 1000 pcs. But at a different price off course. Or - negotiate rights - and produce ourselves, but this will not be an option I guess...

Looking forward to read your comments,

Erwin
Bastiaan

Stealth product sheet.

Post by Bastiaan »

I would like to see a Stealth version with kind of pass-through connectors. as slim as possible so you can put a bunch next to each other in a metercloset.
As you can see at jHeerink pics, it all has to be looped around now.

Personally I am only interested in measuring the energy use and it should not be to difficult to make a Zwave device for it I guess.
Problem with making you own production and this is mentioned by Reinder too, getting the right Gouverment approval on it.

If you make your own production, you want to make sure your (house) insurrance still covers you.
Lempens

Stealth product sheet.

Post by Lempens »

@Zebrafilm
There are also products which you can clip over a normal wire, and measure the power usage. Then you make a print, wich reads al the sensors, and you have your problem solved.

Another way you can find in the link (link is not working great, maybee someone can fix it.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunt_(electrical)
Bastiaan

Stealth product sheet.

Post by Bastiaan »

yes shunts might work but the plugwise systems give a nice readout.
I already have and RFXsystem for the total count, its just that I am sometimes puzzled where the power is drawn. I have 20 plugs around the house but still get unexpected peaks.
So instead of hunting around, I was thinking about putting a stealth (or similair) in between every group/tube that goes out of the meter closet. Currently around 20. Costly but precise.
Just don't have much space for wide boxes but it must be possible to put the eletronics on a very small footprint with an in and out connector on each side.
Cariba
Starting Member
Starting Member

Stealth product sheet.

Post by Cariba »

Are these stealths functionally the same as normal Circles?

Or are they suitable to put behind a standard switch (I know they wont fit size wise ;) ) like a SAIX12 ? Like PDF page 1 and small page 6 in this document: http://www.elekhomica.nl/pdf/saix12-handleiding.pdf ?
elf98
Starting Member
Starting Member

Stealth product sheet.

Post by elf98 »

jakkes

Stealth product sheet.

Post by jakkes »

Strange to see that these units are more expensive than a standard Plug...

Did anyone try to open the standard plug to see how it is build inside?

Return to “Plugwise Forum”