Stealth product sheet.

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Reinder

Stealth product sheet.

Post by Reinder »

Please when builing the Stealth in (by example a wall rails) that you don't mount it in a metal construction, this won't work (Faraday Cage).
jcasteel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Stealth product sheet.

Post by jcasteel »

Luckly you mention it since I was planning to order 10 modules but the electricity board is completely from metal. So it will clearly not work in my case :-(
damn
jheerink

Stealth product sheet.

Post by jheerink »

I,am awaiting the price quote of my supplier, but we figured it out already that building in the metal wallrail would probably not work We will now use a plastic box in the supply line to the rails. This should work since it,s also rather close to an other plugwise connection . We.ll keep you posted on the progress.
jcasteel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Stealth product sheet.

Post by jcasteel »

Hmmm strange

I did put a cirlce as test in my electricty board and to my surprise it was working.
I could connect to the circle+ and enable/disable it.

However the case is completly in metal/aluminum.

I will add a picture soon but does this mean that the stealth plug might work?
SNG
Starting Member
Starting Member

Stealth product sheet.

Post by SNG »

hmmm this 'Stealth plug' can then also be used in other countries with other plug systems?
I am from one side very interested into the Plugwise but I don't have the Dutch powerplug in my house...
Reinder

Stealth product sheet.

Post by Reinder »

Yes you can.
It is working from 100-250V en 50 or 60Hz. The accuracy will be little bit less with 100V, because the modules are calibrates at 230V.
jheerink

Stealth product sheet.

Post by jheerink »

We have a request out for a set of stealth's (10) (via official installation service) for over 2 weeks now,but no word yet, we have to wait for the price quote, which we still not have before we can order. We hoped we would get them in time to install during the school holiday but that will be a problem now, holiday ends friday, as soon as we have it we will install it and start reproting it's performance.
Post-IT

Stealth product sheet.

Post by Post-IT »

I have asked my electrician for a quote on a set of 10 of these also. Let's hope they are cheaper then SAIX modules :-)
Chiel

Stealth product sheet.

Post by Chiel »

Maybe a dumb question, but why is the stealth (a minimalised circle!) more expensive than a circle?
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Stealth product sheet.

Post by DJF3 »

Good question... Maybe because the volume of devices is a lot lower than the regular Circles? Technically I would think they could be cheaper, but I don't know the details...
Post-IT

Stealth product sheet.

Post by Post-IT »

I just got a message from my electrician. A set of 10 stealths would cost around 475,- EUR excl. VAT/BTW (excl, the base set). The problem however is the size, they warned me they would probably not fit behind a power socket, and it would most likely need a whole socket with blindplate. So it seems the stealths not the perfect solution for built-in plugwise implementations just yet.

Plugwise did say they are working on a smaller model so it would fit behind the powersocket, and the Stealth was more aimed toward implementing in appliances such as airconditioning.
jheerink

Stealth product sheet.

Post by jheerink »

My stealhs should arrive today. We will install them this weekend. A question to prevent problems later on. I noticed the conventional plugs install best if you first log them on close to the stick (within lets say 5 or 10 mtr)en then move them to their location farther away. Is this valid for the stealths as well. since when we build them in the distance will be much farther from the circle+ or stick. It will of course be in range of the network If this is better we will first have to log them on on a temp location close to stick/circle+ and after initial logging they can be build in. Is this a correct view ?
Bjochems

Stealth product sheet.

Post by Bjochems »

It should not matter where you configure the plugs /stealths. As long as you make sure that the plugs are "reachable" in your network it will work. The only difference when installing the plugs close to the circle is that they will be recognized earlier.
jheerink

Stealth product sheet.

Post by jheerink »

Thanks, i,ve got the stealth here, and will install them tomorrow. I will first log them on close by, just to be sure they work and then build them in on their final location, thanks for the answer
jheerink

Stealth product sheet.

Post by jheerink »

And today we put in the first 4 (of 10) stealth. Installation was easy and the were easily identified in the plugwise network.

For more pictures:
http://hoeksteen-bussum.nl/index.php?pa ... section=23

Return to “Plugwise Forum”