Plugwise Source 2.1 beta, Release 20091210

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
yjb

Post by yjb »

I did update to Release 20091210 and it appears that the dual-tariff issue has been solved; previously it was showing things correctly in the hourly overview, but not in the day, week and month overviews.
yjb

Post by yjb »

Hmm, seems that something funny is going on. While I thought that the dual tariff issue was solved, it looks like it's behaving pretty odd:
Plugwise.jpg
Plugwise.jpg (72.19 KiB) Viewed 6780 times
While it shows last weekends usage correctly (Both the entire Saturday as well as Sunday listed as using the lower tariff), for today (Saturday) it shows a mix of low and high.

The daily usage shows things correctly:
Weekly usage overview
Weekly usage overview
Plugwise_1.jpg (54.16 KiB) Viewed 6780 times

Can somebody explain this to me?
Last edited by yjb on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

I also see something very strange. I have several devices that are powered on continuesly, like the server of the chart below, and Plugwise is showing periods where the server is not using any energy. I could become rich when this is the case;-)

Rene.
Reinder

Re: Plugwise Source 2.1 beta, Release 20091210

Post by Reinder »

I had the same problem, but is now solved :)
First update to the latest beta, Plugwise Source 2.1 RC3, Release 20091215

I waited a few minutes, and this did the thing already. - If you're still having unexplainable holes in the graphs of one ore more appliances do the folowing. In the Reports screen, select the appliance, click the refresh button while holding down the Shift key and then wait for a few minutes.
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

Rene wrote:The right icons are displayed, however the statistics.xml file, I supplied as part of the plugin and that has to be installed in the Plugwise Source directory needs to be modified. The webserver Substring function behaves differently in this version of the Source. Where previously the maximum length parameter was optional (as also according to the manual), in this version you need to specify a maximum length. When the maximum length is omitted, the specified parameter is interpreted as the number of characters to copy till the end.

Example:

Previous version:
$str="router_on"
$str.Substring($str.LastIndexOf("_")+1) => this results in 'on'

This version:
$str="router_on"
$str.Substring($str.LastIndexOf("_")+1) => this results in 'uter_on'

The Powerstate attribute of the appliance method now also seems to return offline and unknown, meaning the construction I used is no longer required.

I attached a modified version of statistics.xml that can be used with this version of the Source.

Statistics.xml: uploaded/rklootwijk/200912616235_statistics.txt

Note: Rename the extension of this file to .xml, .xml as extension is not allowed for uploading.

Rene.
Since the new version is now available, do I still need this modified .xml file ?? If yes, can you post it again, because it's not available in your post, I think this might have something to do with the new forum.

Thanks,
Rien
Rien
Reinder

Post by Reinder »

As fas as I now, this is not necessary any more.
The latest official release works fine, no modifications needed. See http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4142 for more information about the latest release.
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

Correct, the modified statistics.xml file is no longer required. Plugwise fixed their error ;-)
Rene.
jheerink

Post by jheerink »

Still have to update my second set to newest version. My home version (6 plugs only) seems to be ok now.
It looked if the previous beta i used at my other site (55 plugs) had a performance issue. The pc that runs the plugwise was very slow since the last update.(dec 10 or so) when checking cpu usuage it often was on 100% and very slow reacting to inputs. Were on holiday now (school) so system is shutdown to sae energy but will do an update later to check the performance. Anybody else noticed a performance issue with the dec 10 beta ??
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

Rene wrote:Correct, the modified statistics.xml file is no longer required. Plugwise fixed their error ;-)
Installed it. And everything is working without problems...

Thanks...
Rien

Return to “Plugwise Forum”