How fast are your plugs reacting

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
ldborn

How fast are your plugs reacting

Post by ldborn »

I am wondering how fast the cicle's should react. My source version is 20091218.2. I have 35 plugs.Every wall outlet is populated by a plug. I have installed the wattcher just to get the difference between measurements. Since I installed the wattcher I noticed that my plugs are reacting very slow sometimes 30 seconds or more, sometimes I even have to check the properties to see the energy usage change. And the plugs are not far from the stick.Now is anybody experiencing this problems?
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How fast are your plugs reacting

Post by Rene »

What do you mean by slow? Do mean switching from on to off and vice versa or do you mean the refelction of the current usage in the Source (or in Homeseer using the plugin)? How are you using watcher to measure the reaction time?
Rene.
ldborn

Post by ldborn »

Rene,

The switching works fine and fast no problems also no problems with the plugin. The current usage in the source is very slow. I did not noticed that until I installed the wattcher. The wattcher shows the actual usage and this changes instantly. For instance I am turning on my microwave I see the wattcher changes it's value almost instantly I see the source reacting after one minute or sometimes slower. Now ten seconds I think is acceptable, but 1 minute. The sensor from the wattcher is installed on the electricity meter and I am not wondered that this kind of measuring is fast.
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

The Source is polling each circle only once every 2 minutes. This is were the slow reaction comes from. So in a worst case it will be 2 minutes behind.
Rene.
frens
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by frens »

Dear Rene,

I just posted a topic (http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4190" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) on the GetPowerUsage method within the Plugwise Template Engine which can be used to get a more current power usage ... which might be relevant.

Hope in the end it helps you, Idborn, as well :)

Cheers,
Frens

Return to “Plugwise Forum”