Can't Connect to Plugwise with Python

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Seven
Starting Member
Starting Member

Can't Connect to Plugwise with Python

Post by Seven »

Hi everyone.

I use Ubuntu 9.10 and I received my Plugwise yesterday. I plugged the USB stick on my laptop and both Plugwise energy acessories (two, one white and the other gray) to the energy. I lit a lamp, using one of Plugwise to check on and off the energy. I read all this forum to get help and I've got pol.py version 0.2 to test. Also, I read the protocol text made by Maarten (thank you for the excellent work) and send commands directly using a terminal (gtkterm and putty). The result is absolutely nothing.

Well, I don't know but maybe I'm doing something wrong...the MAC address of these devices is 000D6F00004BE100? Everything is connected as it should be? What is the difference between the white and the gray accessory? Using the pol.py if I want to access to the watt information the program stops and do nothing. If I send the command to shut off or on nothing happens. To turn off, in a terminal I wrote: "python pol.py -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -f 000D6F00004BE100". Using serial terminals nothing happens also.

I send an image with my Plugwise tools, demonstrating the colors and the numbers of each tool.
Can anyone help me? I just need the simple function of turning on/off the devices.

Thank you for your attention and help.
Paulo
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Can't Connect to Plugwise with Python

Post by Alexander »

Alexander
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

The circle is the circle plus, the.master of your network. This one must be connected otherwise the network can not be activated.

Even when you do not use the Plugwise source software, each circle must be initialized using this software. Based on what you mention in your post, I do not think you initialized the circles.
Seven
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Seven »

Thank you for your fast reply.

Thank you Alexander for your help.
Rene, indeed i didn't initialize the Plugwise devices with Plugwise source software. Maybe this is the problem.

I will try following your advice.

Thank you once more.

Paulo Freitas.
Seven
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Seven »

Ok its solved. Rene posted the solution. Thank you all for your help.

Paulo Freitas

Return to “Plugwise Forum”