New Release Source 2.15 now available!

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Reinder

New Release Source 2.15 now available!

Post by Reinder »

** This update is for all users **
After installing this update, please click the update button again to check if any of your Plugwise modules requires a firmware update (see topic domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=39&amp ... amp;t=4684
In case you have a partially updated Plugwise network, use the Update Wizard (Windows Start -> All Programs -> Plugwise Source).

Check out the new webserver demo page. In Source goto Settings->Program, start the webserver and click the URL.

Plugwise Source 2.15 Release 20100328

Fixed:
-#881 PTE: Appliance.NotInNetwork returns FALSE, if appliance has no module
-#880 Server: tray icon shows error message, even when there was no error.
-#875 Uninstall does not remove all files
-#868 Switching to German crashes Source at next startup
-#847 Update button seems to hang when pressed a second time
-#833 PTE: Blank password is accepted, even when a non blank password is configured.
-#832 Config: If Stick is linked to different C+ on other system, original system keeps expecting previous C+
-#831 Reports: Revenue not included in export
-#830 Reports: Revenue not shown in Costs graph
-#822 TotalUsage no updated every hour
-#821 Must 'Run as Administrator' to use webserver on Windows Vista and Windows 7
-#817 Reports: long freeze after clicking Export on system with large database
-#816 Reports: graph uses peak/offpeak in weekends
-#787 Reports: Dense graphs show hours on x-axis instead of dates
-#783 Reports: No hourly graphs unless period is 3 days of longer
-#760 After update, room types are gone
-#727 Pro: Cannot merge networks that contains migrated modules.
-#634 Schedules: Standby only works at beginning of standby period.
-#403 Windows Vista asks for network credentials when Plugwise Update is running

Changes:
- Splash screens do now show application name and version.
- After firmware update, schedules are resend if needed and enabled
- If Source is started while Server is running, Server exits. When Source exits, Server is restarted. Same thing vice versa.
- Upon start, if schedules on modules and in Source differ, a message is displayed (firmware 2 only!).
- After sending schedules, a success or failure message is displayed.
- Standby values must be set in increments of 5 Watts
- PTE: You can now render the same graphs as in the Reports screen of Source through /pwgraph/.
See new index.html for an example (SettingsProgram, click webserver URL).
- PTE: Webserver is now multi threaded, especially Pro users will notice a big performance gain
- PTE: All icons served through /pwimg/ are now transparent PNG's
- Source no longer requires 'Run as Administrator' to enable the webserver.
- PTE: HTML output defaults to chartype=utf-8 (/sys/mimetypes.txt)
- German translation

Known issues:
- English manual need updating
- German manual missing.

Notes:
- If you're having unexplainable holes in the graphs of one or more appliances do the following. In the Reports screen, select the appliance, click the refresh button while holding down the Shift key and then wait for a few minutes.
========================================================================================
Please report any bugs to
helpdesk@plugwise.com
Include the version number of your Source application in your report.
You can find it in the bottom right of the blue title bar.
========================================================================================
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: New Release Source 2.15 now available!

Post by TANE »

just done the update..
new interface looks great.
Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

I still have the same problem. No communication with the plugwise network...... So this update is useless for me....
Rien
Darwusch

Post by Darwusch »

I get the message "No updates are available".
xAPPO
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by xAPPO »

The update appeared to go OK although it did say the stick had problems and to unplug it, wait 10 secs and then put it back in , but it recovered OK, updating my 20 nodes. It then rebuilt the network and showed around six modules greyed out as 'waiting' but surprisingly it only listed a couple as waiting in the text line below. There was a brief message about the stick again (too quick to read) but then it said all modules now online, although six were still grey/listed as waiting, and then the updater quit and restarted the main application. In the main application these six modules are not accessible and even having left it running several hours and with a couple of restarts I can't get these six back online. What should I do ? Before the upgrade my network was very reliable and all modules were dependebly online. Nothing has physically moved. I can imagine these six are somewhat in a line re radio communication so the nearest to working modules seems a likely culprit - but power cycling it has not helped.

It would be really helpful to be able to examine the mesh network topology that was being created by my nodes - so any single link dependencies can be adjusted to better siting . Nothing has changed re the 'max # of hops limit' has it ? A unit that won't communicate is within 2m line of sight of a unit that can communicate.

K

PS Just out of interest if I click on the settings/appliances tab and look at the six modules they all show 2008-08-26 firmware still whereas all the working ones show 2009-09-08. I don't attach too much significance to this as I believe it's residual info and I dont believe the Source has been able to recover this info from the modules ... (they definitely showed as updated in the updater) Also if I power cycle one of these absent modules the relay clicks on within a second - which is a new feature of the latest firmware so I think they upgraded ok.
xAPPO
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by xAPPO »

Here's what I had to do....

I went back into the 'add new modules' section and the system then rescanned my network and picked up the missing module and one of them was identified as having old firmware. I still couldn't read the current power levels from any of the six though in Source. So I re-ran the updater and it picked up the one module that needed updating - although it actually did have the latest firmware pre loaded it hadn't activated with all the rest it seems. Once it had activated I am able to read all my modules again OK. However the five modules that had activated correctly but weren't being picked up on the network aren't providing any historic consumption data for the time between the update and now (about 12 hours) - shift click refresh indicates there is no data there to recover.

What I assume is that the one module that failed to activate was part of a single path radio chain to the other 5 modules and hence cut them off when restarted. I guess some form of initialisation (maybe time synch) is performed on the new network and hence all 6 modules despite being powered up with the new firmware were not tracking consumption. No big deal but it does seem that something in the updater is not fully checking that all modules activated and came back online (mine told me all had but they hadn't.

K

PS Please could we have some form of utility to visualise the radio mesh paths so we can improve our network resilience and identify single path weaknesses
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

Last sunday I did also the update to 2.15.

Everything did looks fine, till this morning.
The plugwise sofware was deleted on my pc this night.
Nothing was working anymore from the devices of Plugwise.

I wrote an email to Plugwise and I hope they will help me very soon.

B.R. Wim :) :wink:
Dickr43

Post by Dickr43 »

Experiencing strange problems ever since I did the update last Monday. Every morning the stick has lost communication with the plugs. Source however looks like everything is OK. When I want to switch a plug on/off, nothing happens. Homeseer does not log problems in its logfile. The only way to fix this is to restart the PC.

Problem is that I moved my setup to a new PC just before I did the upgrade so I'm not 100% sure if this problem is caused by the new release or if something is wrong with the PC. Anybode else ever experienced something like this?
xAPPO
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by xAPPO »

Although I haven't been running long enough to be certain, it seems that when I startup Source it finds a different variety of my devices pretty quickly and once it has them it keeps them, and can control them. However any missing devices don't seem to get recognised later - even after several hours which is different to the previous behaviour. What I have to do is startup several times until the list shows that all my devices are there and then all seems good.... finding all devices seems to either happen within a couple of minutes or not at all.

K
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

After some analysing it is not plugwise which give the problem.
Tonight I had a new startup from windows xp on the pc and in the program BLApplauncher.exe (is a program to start up several other programs) was standing that the old plugwise.exe, which is changed with the update.
I think that the new startup file for plugwise is: PlugwiseServer.exe. Does anybody know if this is correct?

After start up plugwise and homeseer I got now several not know signs (verbodsborden) in Homeseer.
Below a picture of it.

How can I eliminate those signs (verbodsborden)?
Which program create those signs?

Attachments
plugwise_verbodsbord.jpg
plugwise_verbodsbord.jpg (81.22 KiB) Viewed 14039 times
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

This means the source cannot communicate with your plug's. The plugwise plugin just shows the status of the plug's as they appear the be in the source...

Can you see the status of your plug's in the source ??

/Rien
Rien
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

After some time the signs disappear into the normal signs in homeseer. I think after the circles are set or reset.
In both situations, the circles are working fine.
It is only the sign in homeseer that I can't understand.

Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

When the plugin is initialized, e.g. when Homeseer is restarted, it sets the state of all circles to unknown, this is reflected by the forbidden sign (hey I only took one of the already installed icons that matched the status as much as possible). As soon as the plugin has polled the Plugwise Webserver the state of the circles is changed from unknown to the actual state. This means that if you have configured the poll interval to be 3 minutes, it will take 3 minutes before the plugin reflects the current state of the Circles, when you set the interval to 10 seconds, it will offcourse only take 10 seconds.
Rene.
Darwusch

Post by Darwusch »

Darwusch wrote:I get the message "No updates are available".
Nobody has had this message?
Or did all of you updaters download the source from the website?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Today i updated my plugwise source software and also the firmware to version 2.19.
Looked that everything wend well, but now the source software only displays 4 circles and what ever I do, i cant get it right :(
Did all the things you suggested in the above topics but still its not working.

Why did I do this :)

Return to “Plugwise Forum”