Circle + can not be found

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Tiz

Circle + can not be found

Post by Tiz »

I have been using plugwise for some time now and never experienced any real trouble. The only thing was that reachability seemed to be less than is described by some people on this forum. Until recently, I could not go from the ground floor to the first floor. The circle on the first floor was not found.

However, I recently tried to add a circle and put it on the first floor and YES, connection was there (after some waiting). Still, the plug was not were I wanted it to be so I moved it. To speed up the process of finding it again in the network, I followed the advice that was posted here once to walk around with my laptop and plug stick. Now the circle is found each time I start the plugwise software, however (and this is my problem) the Circle + can not be found anymore! I can see all other plugs and even switch them but the circle + keeps showing the question mark in the plugwise center. Does anybody have any advice on what to do?
Mathijs
Noel

Re: Circle + can not be found

Post by Noel »

It's a long time ago that I used plugwise, but did you try to reset the plug(s) already?
--
Maak nu je eigen video bericht online.
Anyone interested in time travel meet me here last Thursday!!
ıɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ buıɥʇʎuɐ ʇɹɐʇs ɹǝʌǝu
Tiz

Post by Tiz »

I put the Circle + in and out of the socket if that is what you mean. I did not unplug all plugs and then "replug" them. I sincerely hope that is not necessary since some plugs are not that easy to reach. I hope someone has another Idea. (I might be able to use stick and circle + plug in an other environment then my home with the absence of the rest of the network)
Mathijs
Verkenner

Post by Verkenner »

Hi Tiz,

It's a known problem.

Did you call the Plugwise helpdesk? Friendly people. Sure they can give you hints and a solution.

Perhaps upgrade the firmware in the circles to version 2. Firmware 2 gives more transmit power and is more stable.

Did you install a (inbetween) circle between you groundfloor and first floor?

Perhaps a metal shield is in the naberhood of one of the key Circles (It was my wasdryer that made the system instable)?

Are you sure your Source-software is at latest revision?

Grtz, Verkenner
Best regards, Verkenner
Tiz

Post by Tiz »

Hi Verkenner,

Thank you for your help, I did not yet call the plugwise helpdesk but will do if the solution indeed is not a simple "known trick".
The firmware is all version 2 so that will not be the cause. There currently is no "in between" circle. (I learned that Bwired even skipped the first floor and connected from ground floor to second floor. So i figured a in between should not be necessary).
Plugs have not been moved (behind a shield) and are all in reach (except for circle +) and source software is also recently updated to latest version. So all in all, I think I will take your advice to contact Plugwise, again thanks for your input!
Mathijs

Return to “Plugwise Forum”