Enexis Pilot project "slimme meter" with Plugwise set

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Verkenner

Re: Enexis Pilot project "slimme meter" with Plugwise set

Post by Verkenner »

" I would like to have an integration into Homeseer, separate from Plugwise, but I have no clue how to make a plugin. Maybe anybody here on the forum could help me on that."

eDsuB is developing a system to read the P1 from the Smart Meter and saves the data in a SQL-db (He is asking for test-volunteers). domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=16& ... p;start=30
Perhaps the next step is A Homeseer-plugin grabbing the P1-data from that SQL-db.

Analogue to the 1-wire Plugin from UltraJones (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=141734),
UltraJones grabs the temperature-data from a SQL-lite db, a new HomeSeer plugin can grab data from the P1-smartmeter-db in SQL.
UltraJones grabs in his plugin the temperature-data from a SQL-lite db and puts it in HomeSeer (even in graphics). Works fine.
Best regards, Verkenner
mo046

Post by mo046 »

Verkenner wrote:" eDsuB is developing a system to read the P1 from the Smart Meter and saves the data in a SQL-db (He is asking for test-volunteers). domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=16& ... p;start=30
I sent him a PM a week ago but I still haven't received a reply.
Perhaps the next step is A Homeseer-plugin grabbing the P1-data from that SQL-db.

Analogue to the 1-wire Plugin from UltraJones (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=141734),
UltraJones grabs the temperature-data from a SQL-lite db, a new HomeSeer plugin can grab data from the P1-smartmeter-db in SQL.
UltraJones grabs in his plugin the temperature-data from a SQL-lite db and puts it in HomeSeer (even in graphics). Works fine.
That would be an option, but still that doesn't help me because for that I need to write a plugin ... but I don't know how.
** Maurice **
eDsuB
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by eDsuB »

Somehow I missed the notification of the PM Maurice sent me.
Just replied.
In my opinion Plugwise makes things too complex wich is probably caused by the fact that they want to do it all by their existing hardware. I see the same effects in the energiemanagement.nl pilot in which I am participating.
I have worked out a working P1 Datalogger (built in Python 3) that collects all the data the meter supplies. Once it is logged you canndo practically whatever you want.
Current stage of the project is that I log into a csv file (one file per day).
I am currently working on the next version that will log the same data into a database via ODBC (I am using MySQL myself, but in theory any database that has an ODBC connector will do). I think that configuration might help users of eg. Homeseer.
The version that logs into csv is OS independent, the DB loggger version relies on a WIN32API for ODBC.

For more iinfo/remarks/etc on this subject, please see domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=16& ... amp;t=6104
mo046

Post by mo046 »

I found this site that has a very interesting way of visualising household power consumption. I think that's more user friendly and better to understand by an end customer than the Plugwise Source.

http://visualization.geblogs.com/visualization/kitchen/
** Maurice **

Return to “Plugwise Forum”