Enexis Pilot project "slimme meter" with Plugwise set

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
mo046

Enexis Pilot project "slimme meter" with Plugwise set

Post by mo046 »

Today I got an invitation from Enexis (dutch electricity network provider) to participate in a pilot project with the "slimme meter" (remotely readable electricity and gas meters). With these meters also a Plugwise set will be provided to monitor individual electrical consumers. The set consists of 8 Circles, a Circle+, a Stretch and the Source software.
More info on http://www.enexis.plugwise.com/

It seems the Source has had a major update with a new interface and new functions. I don't know if this is the same as the new beta source program that is being around for a while.

I'm curoious if the new Source and Circles compatable with the current plugs that I have installed in my home.

I applied to participate in the pilot, but now have to wait if I will be selected. I'll keep you updated.
** Maurice **
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Enexis Pilot project "slimme meter" with Plugwise set

Post by Bwired »

I think the circles will work with your existing setting, depends on which firmware you are running right now.

I think that sample screen is not the new source software, but a web site hosted by?.... Plugwise or Enexis where you can see your data.
btw: they forgot to draw the stretch light in the picture :wink:

Keep us posted, good luck.
HomeEnergyP1SetupTrans.jpg
HomeEnergyP1SetupTrans.jpg (38.47 KiB) Viewed 18249 times
http://www.bwired.nl Online Home, Domotica, Home Automation. Weblog. http://blog.bwired.nl
PietjeNL

Post by PietjeNL »

The black thing has to include the usb stick and make the connection with the smart meter, cause i dont see any usb stick, and a line is going to the meter.
The house is probably just a interface, running local from the source webserver's info, like HS does.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

They mention the Stretch, so this goes in between incl. USB Stick
plugwise Strectch
plugwise Strectch
article5705334.jpg (4.07 KiB) Viewed 18195 times
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Edwin2008 »

nice plugwise via tcp/ip?
Would plugwise sell the stretch to other customers?
** edwin **
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Yes I think they will if you ask them.
I think you still need to load the commdrivers so the source sofware can interact via the local commport to the Stretch.
I'm not sure the Plugwise Source software can talk directly IP also, that would be great..... however I think not.
But still a good option if you need the USB stick on a remote location!
http://www.bwired.nl Online Home, Domotica, Home Automation. Weblog. http://blog.bwired.nl
PietjeNL

Post by PietjeNL »

http://www.radiowinkel.com/a-12373264/p ... retch-lite

Google is my friend :) :
From http://www.aewgreen.be/pdf/Plugwise-zak ... geving.pdf

Stretch Lite
De SL maakt gebruik van een Remote-USB protocol. De PC met Source ‘denkt’ dus dat de Stick in de PC zelf gestoken is. Nadeel hiervan is dat het continue communicatie en dus bandbreedte vereist tussen SL en PC. Deze bedraagt ongeveer 120 kByte/s. Ook adverteert de SL zichzelf d.m.v. broadcasts. Dit is handig voor configuratie en beheer, maar broadcasts zijn niet altijd toegestaan in een zakelijke LAN-omgeving en werken niet indien communicatie tussen de SL en beheer-PC via een gateway of router verloopt. Daarnaast moeten op de beheer-PC drivers geïnstalleerd worden. Voor de zakelijke omgeving is daarom de Stretch Lite Pro ontwikkeld.

Stretch Lite Pro
De SL Pro communiceert via een SSH-tunnel (SSL2) met Source. Er is alleen dataverkeer indien er communicatie is met het Plugwise netwerk. De maximale bandbreedte is 20 kByte/s maar gemiddeld minder dan 0,5 kByte/s. Configuratie van de SL Pro gaat m.b.v. een USB-geheugenstick met daarop een beveiligd configuratiebestand. Na het configureren kan de geheugenstick verwijderd worden. De Stretch Lite Pro wordt geconfigureerd in overleg met de systeembeheer en deze kan later de netwerkinstellingen zelfstandig wijzigen. Omdat er gebruikt gemaakt wordt van standaardtechnieken en protocollen hoeven routers en gateways geen belemmering te zijn en ook het installeren van drivers op de beheer-PC is niet nodig.
mo046

Post by mo046 »

Today, Enexis called for some further questions and confirmation of the submitted data. So it looks more likely I will be participating in the pilot project.
** Maurice **
PietjeNL

Post by PietjeNL »

Around what date will they install the smart meter and all the other stuff?
Would be nice to see some pictures of it.
Henk

Post by Henk »

Here are the specs of the P1-poort .... http://www.energiened.nl/_upload/bestel ... l%20P1.PDF

The gasmeter is likely connected by the M-bus to the electra meter - the electra meter has the P1-poort , one vendor is Kamstrup.

so write your own Homeseer interface ....
mo046

Post by mo046 »

PietjeNL wrote:Around what date will they install the smart meter and all the other stuff?
Would be nice to see some pictures of it.
Can't say exactly, somewhere between now and February.

Regarding Plugwise, the description on their Enexis Project page describes that the (new) Source software is installed on my own computer, so no web portal for measuring and controlling. Furthermore they mention that Plugwise will be connected to the meter's P1 port:
De benodigde kabels om het systeem op uw slimme meter van Enexis aan te sluiten
So they must have some new hardware for this (not the Stretch).

The electricity and gas meters are connected to the internet at least through WLAN, because they need my passkey during installation. Possibly they can also use LAN.
** Maurice **
mo046

Post by mo046 »

Update:

Today I got an email from Enexis that the installatation of the meters and the Plugwise set is postponed until March:
Onlangs hebt u van Enexis een bevestigingsbrief ontvangen dat u meedoet met het ervaringspanel voor slimme energiemeters en de slimme stekkers. Daardoor krijgt u als een van de eersten in Nederland een nieuwe, slimme digitale meter in huis. Ook ontvangt u gratis slimme stekkers.

Om ervan verzekerd te zijn dat de producten die we bij u installeren goed functioneren, hebben we de deze uitgebreid getest. Daaruit blijkt dat we nog wat kleine productaanpassingen moeten doorvoeren voordat we bij u gaan installeren. Het zijn immers nieuwe producten en nieuwe functionaliteiten die nog niet op de markt verkrijgbaar zijn. Na deze aanpassingen kunt u uitgaan van een nog betrouwbaarder en interessanter product. En wij van een beter onderzoeksresultaat.

Om deze reden wordt de slimme meter en de stekkers niet eerder dan vanaf medio maart geïnstalleerd. De uiteindelijke installatie wordt in overleg met u ingepland. Hier ontvangt u bericht over van de firma Kemkens. De installatie van de slimme stekkers wordt daaropvolgend ingepland door Imtech.
s
** Maurice **
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

at the site of plug wise is nothing to find on a normal stretch, I do not like this so at least this time they are with their information, you find more on the Enexis website
labium
Last edited by Bwired on Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Translated by google
mo046

Post by mo046 »

Update:

Today my gas and electricity meters have been replaced by smart meters. The gas meter is a Landys+Gyr meter which communicates wirelessly with the Kamstrup electricity meter because both meters are too far apart. A receiver, which came with the gas meter was connected to the MBUS connector on the electricity meter.

The electricity meter communicates the measurements of both meters through GSM with the energy distibutor (Enexis). As it is a pilot project, they send energy consumption data of blocks of 15 minutes. In the 2nd half of 2011 when the legislation about the smart meters will come into effect, the energy consumtion will be registered in 2 months (!) periods.

Although up till now I have always been told that I will also get a Plugwise set (see the start topic) I have now received information about a Quby smart thermostat. So now I'm a bit confused which system I will get, Plugwise or Quby. Or both? Within a few weeks I will know, and then also I will get access to a website where I will be able to follow my energy consumption, and on which the pilot project will be monitored.

Interestingly, the guy who installed the meters mentioned the possibility of Pre-paid energy delivery, especially when people have a bad history whith paying their energy bills. Both meters have the possibility to switch the energy supply to the house on or off remotely.

I wonder what the future scenario's will be for calculating the energy bill. It will become much easier for the supplier to change the tariff as market price of energy fluctuates, and charge the consumer the market price instead of an average price over one year.
Maybe it will be possible in future that you can select multiple energy suppliers and select the beste tariff for each hour of the day. The electricity meter can measure 4 different tariffs.

So next will be to wait for the system to be completed with Plugwise/Quby, and connect the meters to Homeseer. I'll keep you updated!
** Maurice **
PietjeNL

Post by PietjeNL »

The 4 tariffs are:

High tariff usage
Low tariff usage
High tariff production
Low tariff production

Thats why u are better off with a old electric meter that can run backwards if u have for example solar panels.
Cause now u only get the kWh price without the tax and other stuff u pay for each kWh.

Return to “Plugwise Forum”