Daylight Saving Time

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
xAPPO
Starting Member
Starting Member

Daylight Saving Time

Post by xAPPO »

The downloaded schedules still do not take account of daylight savings time. Mine are switching an hour late today. I guess you have to re-download them.

I thought this was one of the bug fixes ... maybe it wasn't . It would be a good thing to handle correctly. It would also be nice to be able to schedule relative to sunrise/sunset too, so any lights remain in synch as the daylight period varies.

K
PietjeNL

Re: Daylight Saving Time

Post by PietjeNL »

From plugwise site faq:

The clock of the Plugwise system is synchronised with the clock in your computer each time Source is started.
When daylight saving kicks in, the new time is also set automatically.

So running restarting source should do the job then.
xAPPO
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by xAPPO »

Thanks for that info , it will save me re-downloading all my schedules anyway.

I don't have Source running as I typically use Plugwise Server although that isn't necessarily running all of the time either. Actually it was running overnight and I feel it should not require a restart but should notify the Plugwise network when it notices the time change anyway. It is after all intended as a background server application and not often restarted.

However surely the correct solution would be for the Circle units (or Circle+) to hold the date/timestamp of the next time change and handle this independently of any connected PC application.

K

Update: Just to confirm you must launch or restart Source and it will prompt you to update. Restarting Plugwise Server does not achieve the same
roheve
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by roheve »

From my analysis of the protocol, the clock in plugwise circles is running UTC time.

So for with daylight saving, it is as if you move to another time-zone. So all the schedules need to be changed for this. I did not see a flag in the communication that could indicate if daylight saving is on or off, and because time-zones and daylight saving is different on many places and the 'standard' also changes from year to year, I can imagine why it is not handled in the circles firmware. But it would be a handy option if the schedules could made be dst aware updated in advance by the computer.

Roelof

Return to “Plugwise Forum”