Linux and stick issues

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Floppe
Starting Member
Starting Member

Linux and stick issues

Post by Floppe »

Hi,

I've been using Plugwise with Linux now for some years and it has worked great thanks to some persons on these forums for reverse engineering the protocol. But yesterday I was going to upgrade my kernel to 2.6.38 from 2.6.34 and after that there has been nothing but problems. So I reverted to the old kernel. However, now I'm asking to see if anyone else has tried 2.6.38 with Plugwise and how did that go?

Wondering if it could be a driver issue. I also has an USB serial adapter and that one also seems to become messy after I start to communicate with the stick.
j.hoekstra

Re: Linux and stick issues

Post by j.hoekstra »

I'm using plugwise on a Ubuntu 10.4 LTS with backported 2.6.38-8 kernel and have no problems using the plugwise modules using Domotiga.
I do however use an udev-rule to pin the stick to a fixed adress so it doesn't get changed by one of the other FTDI-devices on the same server.
Floppe
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Linux and stick issues

Post by Floppe »

j.hoekstra wrote:I'm using plugwise on a Ubuntu 10.4 LTS with backported 2.6.38-8 kernel and have no problems using the plugwise modules using Domotiga.
I do however use an udev-rule to pin the stick to a fixed adress so it doesn't get changed by one of the other FTDI-devices on the same server.
Okay, thanks for an answer.

My system is Gentoo and self compiled kernel. Me too uses custom made udev rules for linking the stick to fixed address. However, the other ttyUSB is a pl2303 driver so maybe I need remove it and try again. Bulk taped inside so need to pop the hood when I get some time for it

Return to “Plugwise Forum”