Not licensed for extended scripting

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Tijseling
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Not licensed for extended scripting

Post by Tijseling »

ok. it is that i am just logged on to my mac, or i would try right away :) i will let you know.
i hear from some other plugwise member that you could " buy" the extended scripting functiomality from plugwise for just 19,95, after sending them a mail asking for it.
that would not realy be an expensive way to have a " legal" way of using source pro. but i dont, know if it is realy the same.. maybe PRO is much more then just extended scripting?

and, it could be that plugwise no linger sells the extended scripting functionality to home user ft a small fee....
i am not using the extended scriptin fuction, nor am i a programmer, so i dont think i would buy the extended scripting functionalityjust now, but maybe this could be a solution for some othr people here..
nico_gh2

Post by nico_gh2 »

Plugwise is planning to release Floorplan to the general public as well (not only companies). This requires SourcePro according to the documentation so therefore I think we will be able to use SourcePro in the future. Unfortunately no News on dates and prices yet.
Tijseling
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tijseling »

i have modified the .dll-file, and it works as expected, now the demo html page of plugwise server displays an extra tabel with some info about selected devices! :)
i would like more info bour the actual differences between source and source pro, and something like modules you could just buy ( for a reasonable price) instead of source pro being avalable to profesionals/companies, with extra yearly fee's that is just way to expesive for home users of what sort.
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

if you change that hex Plugwise.Images.Dll i also get more networks , i have 2 sticks.
Tijseling
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tijseling »

ok. how does that give you more options?
or is it easy for when you use plugwise on more sites, and then have seperate databasefiles?
how do you choose between different networks?

can you use 2 sticks when you dont edit the hexcode?
T-Rex
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by T-Rex »

nico_gh2 wrote:Plugwise is planning to release Floorplan to the general public as well (not only companies).
Nice, I would be interested in that. Depending on the price of course.
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

Tijseling wrote:ok. how does that give you more options?
or is it easy for when you use plugwise on more sites, and then have seperate databasefiles?
how do you choose between different networks?

can you use 2 sticks when you dont edit the hexcode?
yes it could. but the problem is still to let plugwise get and stay connected with remote usb in my weekendhouse. the only thing that worked well was a remote usb program on a computer. but i dont want a extra computer continuus online, i tried anywhere usb, belkin home base and lantronix ubox but that doenst give a reliable connection. the stretch for home and small business isnt launched yet. so i still use a seperate source in my second home.

ps i also have the extra info right under in the webserver screen.

i thought maybe a netbook then but i dont know if that have enough functionality on board to run a remote usb program. i use plugwise because i am power cost aware, an old xp computer power consumption is to much.
Tijseling
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Tijseling »

i think plugwise is a bit slow on working stuff out for home users, because business is more attractive to plugwise, because business pays more.. to keep that exclusive, they cant just "give" stuff to home users.

it is just a pain for home users that plugwise doesn't realy do developing for home users. like more home control stuff.. if they would, and it would be as high quality as what they have.. it would be a very good product. a lot of home control stuf is not realy high quality or not very robust and easy te use, or just to much fuss. they all work with their own ugly non programmable remote, etc.

also developing hardware and software to work reliable enough for internationals is not a simple thing. they dont accept it if a network misses its schedules, circles switching the wrong time's etc. like my "klik aan klik uit" wireless switches. i doens look like you have a reliable solution for switching, how can actual measuring be reliable, etc.
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

Tijseling wrote:i think plugwise is a bit slow on working stuff out for home users, because business is more attractive to plugwise, because business pays more.. to keep that exclusive, they cant just "give" stuff to home users.

it is just a pain for home users that plugwise doesn't realy do developing for home users. like more home control stuff.. if they would, and it would be as high quality as what they have.. it would be a very good product. a lot of home control stuf is not realy high quality or not very robust and easy te use, or just to much fuss. they all work with their own ugly non programmable remote, etc.

also developing hardware and software to work reliable enough for internationals is not a simple thing. they dont accept it if a network misses its schedules, circles switching the wrong time's etc. like my "klik aan klik uit" wireless switches. i doens look like you have a reliable solution for switching, how can actual measuring be reliable, etc.

i think you are right, i must say when you email or phone them they give good advise and support.
tommes2
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tommes2 »

Hello friends,

is there also a patch available for Source Version 2.21 like this ?
Darwusch wrote:You can edit the Plugwise.Images.dll file. Then it accepts all features.
Check the file version is 2.20.0.0. If so, then hexedit the file at address 49F8h: change 06 to 17.
Good luck.
because the offset doesn't match - OK - new version, new code :)

THX
Tom
Darwusch

Post by Darwusch »

Strange, because Source 2.21 uses Plugwise.Images.dll file version 2.20.0.0.
So the offset should match.
tommes2
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tommes2 »

Thx for answer,

but it seems to be different (see screenshot).

Assembly Version: 2.20.4311.25434
File version: 2.20.0.0
Producversion: 2.20.0.0

Any idea ?

THX in advance
Tom
Attachments
HEX Hardcopy from Plugwise.Images.dll
HEX Hardcopy from Plugwise.Images.dll
Plugwise1.JPG (13.27 KiB) Viewed 19716 times
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

with me it works in 2.21
Darwusch

Post by Darwusch »

I see it now. The file version is still 2.20.0.0 but the assembly version is newer in your case.
I just updated with the setup from the website, now I have the same version as you.
Source version 2.21 - 20111008.13
Ok, now it seems to be hex address 447D(h), same change 06 to 17.
tommes2
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tommes2 »

Many THX to Darwusch,

the "patch" works fine.

Greetings from Germany - Tom

Return to “Plugwise Forum”