Release candidate Source2.20 available (for beta users)

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Reinder

Release candidate Source2.20 available (for beta users)

Post by Reinder »

There is a Plugwise Source 2.20beta Release 20110917 (release candidate) available.
If you are a beta user, update your Source by using the Updates button in the Plugwise Source software.

Alternatively, you can update your existing version by running the setup.
You can download the latest version of the Source 2.20beta here: http://www.myplugwise.com/source/pwsetup_2.20beta.exe

Besides a number of improvements and new functionalities, the main change in this version is the full support including graphs of the Sense and Scan.

Plugwise Source 2.20beta Release 20110917 (release candidate)

Fixed (from 20110913)
#2535 DELETE key removes multiple appliances from group
#2534 Use of broadcasts when switching multiple appliances from Source seems unpredictable
#2529 Sort order of module IDs not correct

Fixed (earlier)
#2517 PTE: Appliance.UUId ramdomly empty
#2510 Startmenu erased after update
#2501 Crash in Report view when selecting Switch
#1124 Pro: Upload blocked by proxy when using non transparent Microsoft ISA
- Some minor interface issues
- Pro: Same data uploaded repeatedly

Changes:
- PTE: basic url rewriting with _catch404.pte
- Changing webserver settings updates firewall rules
- Installers create System Restore point
- Backups can now be made from within Source without BackupWizard
- Automatic backup at start-up (see Settings->Program)
- Full support for Sense and Scan, including graphs
- Support for firmware version 2.37 (no public update, release for production only)
- New group structure and introduction of group types
- Firmware preparation while Source is running
- Use of filters in list views
- Source can update itself directly without running UpdateWizard
- Setup now installs in the last used install path of Source

Known issues:
- Incomplete translations
- User manual not yet updated
- No graphs of Sense and Scan data via web server

Note: Source 2.20 and later does not support version 1 firmware (2008 and older). Use Source 2.17 to update the firmware first.
========================================================================================
Please report any bugs to
helpdesk@plugwise.com
Include the version number of your Source application in your report.
You can find it in the bottom right of the blue title bar.
========================================================================================
WHB
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Release candidate Source2.20 available (for beta users)

Post by WHB »

Today I updated to Source 2.20 RC2 and then added my brand new Scan and Sense. All my circles were already at the latest firmware so all was set to go.

I found it quite tricky to even get the Source to find the Scan and Sense:
1. Followed the manual step by step but they did not get detected.
2. The Source module detector tells you to press the button on the Scan and Sense when they are not detected. But there is no word about this in the (paper) manual. So I pressed their buttons. The LEDs started flashing on the Scan and Sense, but Source still could not detect them.
3. Then I opted to clear the network settings by following the reset procedure (as described in the manual). So I inserted a needle in the little hole for 10s and expected to see some lights flashing. But no flashing happened.
4. Only after removing the batteries and again following the network settings reset procedure the Scan and Sense got detected.

After this I also had problems to get the Scan, as a test, switch a light. Source crashed on me and after some debugging with the template engine it also showed that the group I assigned to the Scan trigger did get assigned to the modules. Only after again restarting the Source and resending groups I finally got it to switch something.

Some quick motion testing shows that this now works fine and the new graphs look nice :-)
Getting the temperature and humidity from a Sense via the template engine is also working good. Just hoping to be able to get some data out of a Scan in the future as well. Whenever SEDs broadcast you do see that their lastSeen property gets updated.

A few other minor things I noticed are:
  • There's this intriguing square hole in the Scan/Sense just below the button with some hardware behind it. At first I thought that it was the LED but when I inserted the battery the LED started flashing behind the button. I can imagine it to be the ZigBee transmitter though this facinating feature is not documented. ;-) Usually you'd see the manual explain the physical features of a product with a diagram.
  • You can give your Scan or Sense a name in the Groups view but this name is not used in the reports view. It always shows the MacAddress and not the name. It also does not use this name when you call .Name on the respective module via the template engine.
  • Calling .TypeText on Module objects does not work in the template engine whereas it does on other objects
  • Some copy/pasting was done in the Trigger section of the template engine. It refers to "tariff" sometimes whereas that does not apply.
PietjeNL

Post by PietjeNL »

The square is the light sensor :D did some testing on the light sensitivity so i looked for the light sensor with a little flash light.
But the sense also has the same square, could be also a light sensor but cant find any settings for it.
WHB
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by WHB »

Thought of that as well but didn't test it yet :) From a cost wise perspective it is probably cheaper to keep the designs and components more or less the same and interchangeable.

What may be an issue for some users is the way the "day light override" on a Scan currently works. When you enable it your appliances will only be switched when the ambient light drops below the threshold. This is nice but as a result it will no longer detect any movement at all. So this messes up the movement and occupation graphs in Source showing no occupation when there is movement during day light.
T-Rex
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by T-Rex »

Since the last update (2.20 20111001.3) I cannot find the "export" button anymore to export my data. Do I need reading glasses, or is it really missing? :-)
Verkenner

Post by Verkenner »

T-rex, you mean a backup (.Plu) ? >> Instellingen, Backup_maken

Het exporteren naar een CSV-bestand lijkt in Source-free niet beschikbaar.
Last edited by Bwired on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: translate please :-)
Best regards, Verkenner
Niels

Post by Niels »

There's a big discussion (it's more indignation) going on at Tweakers.

Reactie van Plugwise:
Bedankt voor het contacten van Plugwise.

De software versie die u in gebruikt heeft is de Home editie en dat is een gratis versie van ons software pakket dat meegeleverd wordt bij o.a. de Plugwise Home basic.
In deze versie is met ingang van release 2.20 de mogelijkheid voor exporteren niet meer standaard aanwezig.

Voor bestaande gebruikers kunnen we de export optie weer activeren.
Hiervoor hebben wij uw volledige licentie code (25 karakters) nodig.

Als u deze samen met het verzoek tot het activeren van de Export functie aan onze helpdesk stuurt, dan kunt u binnen enkele dagen weer over deze functionaliteit beschikken.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

post the tweakers link here please, so we can follow......
PietjeNL

Post by PietjeNL »

Asked the HD why they do it like this, the answer is that its allot of work to get the export function work for the people who use it.
This way they are looking into the amount of users that are using it (having it activated again) to see if its worth the time and money to keep it updated.

Just send your licence key to the HD and they activate it again for u.
If u dont have the key, give the email u use in personal data so they can look your key up.

Hope it stays, cause its the best and only way to overlay graphs by using exel.
Niels

Post by Niels »

It's in the "Duurzame Energie forum".
Because it's a very big topic (more than 14k of posts), it's better to filter on "Plugwise".

gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messa ... ean%5D=AND

First report of the missing function is around page 16.

Little bit off-topic:
Has allready somebody here seen this one:
http://wordpress.dirkengels.com/category/plugweb/
T-Rex
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by T-Rex »

Niels wrote:There's a big discussion (it's more indignation) going on at Tweakers.
Thank you for the information. I asked the HD to reactivate this export function. I use it a lot.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Ok, the helpdesk will activate the export again?, but why is it out :(
Its also not in the releasenotes, where it should have been?
pvgent
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pvgent »

I've got an other problem.

De source shows there's a update, i click and the update wizard is started and then the update wizard say's there is no update. Is the RC not yet officialy released?
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

Bwired wrote:Ok, the helpdesk will activate the export again?, but why is it out :(
Its also not in the releasenotes, where it should have been?
In the next release you have to call the helpdesk if you want to switch a circle ;-)
Regards, Ron.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

So Plugwise can apparently enable/disable Source functionality remotely, am I right?
One day you have it, the other day you don't... cool! :evil:

Return to “Plugwise Forum”