reset plugwise counters

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
vanisher

reset plugwise counters

Post by vanisher »

Is it possible to reset the plugwise counters?

In a couple of months (or weeks) i will be moving to another house. And it would be nice to start with a clean database.
xaho
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: reset plugwise counters

Post by xaho »

On http://www.plugwise.com you can go to support, at the bottom somewhere there should be a section on how to reset your Circle/Cirlce+,
depending on your firmware you'll have to use a different method to reset your device.

For as far as I know that resets everything including the buffer, so you'll also have to setup your network again, add devices etc.

(P.S. the tip on the site is useful if you plan to reset multiple devices: use a multiple socket box :) )
Jeroen Bartels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jeroen Bartels »

I think you will have to connect them to new appliance names in the source...
**Jeroen**
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

below in the source screen you see the total kWh for the device selected.
beside there is a Zero (0) button to reset that zero, i do that every year for all my circles.
It does not reset everything, just start a fresh year count without losing archive
xaho
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by xaho »

Bwired wrote:below in the source screen you see the total kWh for the device selected.
beside there is a Zero (0) button to reset that zero, i do that every for all my circles.
Perhaps it would be useful to say you have to hold CTRL while clicking it... (Source software version 2.17).
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

Thx for the replies. Tomorrow I leave for a short holiday in Germany. after next week i will try the described procedure.

Return to “Plugwise Forum”