Software for read out and display

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
omega001
Starting Member
Starting Member

Software for read out and display

Post by omega001 »

I am looking for a software package that can read Plugwise and my soladine 600 this to get more insight into my consumption and yield. I am not a programmer and would not spend too much time in getting result.

My ideal configuration is:
1 - a PC as a server with low power consumption when a package / db that contains all data.
2 - interface from my iPhone so I can see things, on and off without a PC to boot.
3 - intelligent logic to distinguish between human presence and consumption in certain areas (eg a sense in a room and switch on or of appiances)

Wo here has experience and can recommend me something. I used homeseer but am not impressed, poor user interface and I found the switching capabilities complicated.
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Software for read out and display

Post by Wim2008 »

I use a plugwise cicle to read the solar power from my solarpanels.
Sometimes I plug in a pc at the Mastervolt Soladin. But that information isn't useful to know.

BR Wim :)
omega001
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by omega001 »

Any experience with software packages that can use the data from the pluwise and switch items in the ouse or make better an d more useful grafics. I want to start a domotica project but do not want to make vb scripts or do extensive programming.
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

Hallo omega001,

In this forum there is a lot of information about solarpanels and everything about plugwise. Take a look to that all, because you will see a lot of possibilities.
Shortly:
1. You need at least 1 circle and 1 Plugwise stick with the software. Look at the Plugwise site.
2. It is easy to install on your pc and you can see every hour how much power the panels deliver.
3. The data will be there for more than a year into the circle. So you don't have to run your pc for 24 hours.

omega001
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by omega001 »

Thanks wim,

My question was because i have been using plugwise for 2 years now and find that i am ready to make the next step.
I have reduced my energy consumption by 200 kwh using plugwise and 500 kwh by using solarpanels (can't have more as my roofalso has a 6 m2 waterpanel with a solar boiler).

I think. Can do more by being creative in using switching plan's basedon myltiple variables. People in room yes or no, tv on living room lights dimmed etc.

This i can notdo with plugwise. I also had a disturbance during upgrade and lost 3 mont's of data, this will not appen again as i will be storing my data on a NAS.

i looked aroubd ut dit not find what i was looking for. Have reinstalled homeseer and am looking to see how effective teh swithcin plan's can become.

Regard, oscar
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

Hallo Oscar,

Take a lot of time to read all the information about plugwise and other possibilities on this forum. There is a lot of information and experients from other persons on this forum, that you can use before buying other switches.

Return to “Plugwise Forum”