Plugwise Smile P1

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Rutger

Plugwise Smile P1

Post by Rutger »

Two days ago I've installed the Smile P1.
It's connected via lan cable to my network. I've also a stick and two circles.
The circles working fine for several months and also the Source software displays all statistics very fine.

Now with the Smile, I experience that the realtime usages (in Watt) are oke, but the Source doesn't display every hour usage of the energy meter.
I can see the realtime usage for both energy and gas meters, so that's oke, but the hour statistics are updated from time to time. Every 6 hours an update is 'normal', see attachment. The hour usage is also every hour exactly 1 kWh. This values are different than in real live.... I don't have 1 kWh per hour usage at night.
The Gas meter update is normal, and it's only updated when there is usage ofcourse.
In the ios app from 'Energiekrijgers' I've the same problem with the energy usage per hour, so it's not a Source problem, because the Smile can operate standalone, and communicates directly to the Liander portal.

As you can see in the Device attachment, for the 'Hoofdmeter'= energymeter, there's no totaly day('vandaag') usage, only a current usage.
For the gas meter the current and day usages are displayed.

I deleted the energymeter and gasmeter two times and add them via the configuration wizard twice, but no solve.
I send Sunday evening also an email to Plugwise, but maybe there are some people here that have the same experience of can give me a solution?

Btw: I deleted the energy production devices, because I have no solarpanels. In the beginning I don't deleted them, but had the same above problem.
Attachments
Devices.jpg
Devices.jpg (29.02 KiB) Viewed 21477 times
energy-day.jpg
energy-day.jpg (59.35 KiB) Viewed 21477 times
My home automation blog: https://rutg3r.com
Rutger

Re: Plugwise Smile P1

Post by Rutger »

The answer from Plugwise helpdesk is quit simple and also logical....They guess I've a 'slimme meter' that only handle rounded kWh digits. That's true, my meter don't display decimals in the kWh data.
So, if the kWh package from the 'slimme meter' is updated to a new value(+1 kWh), the Source software displayed it as new energy usages in that hour.
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Are here users with the Smile P1?
The Smile updates the gas usage ones per hour. I see in the Source that the gas usage is displayed in the next hour after the usage.
So if I take a shower between 7 an 8 in the morning, the gas usage is displayed from 8 to 9 hours, that's not correct in my opinion. On other forums I can't find anything about his.
Does anyone here have the same experience, otherwise I have to contact Plugwise again..
PietjeNL

Post by PietjeNL »

Here no problem took a shower around 1700 and it gives a spike between 1700 and 1800 hour.
Also in the app no problems
Last edited by PietjeNL on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

The app displayed also the data in the wrong time frame. I't not related to the systemtime from the pc with the Source software, because the app get the data directly from the Smile and no pc is necessary.
I'll send a mail to Plugwise.
PietjeNL

Post by PietjeNL »

Did u try restart the smile already? Could be there is a timesync problem for some reason, maybe a restart will solve it.
GertK

Post by GertK »

I have the same behaviour as Rutger. Both in source and the Android app. Restart of the Smile P1 does not change that.
I will inform Plugwise support too.

Gert
GertK

Post by GertK »

I did a few tests with the source software and concluded that the circles are polled more frequent than the Smile-P1. I selected a report of the el. power consumption per hour and saw that that almost immedeately after the full hour the circle data is updated. The smile data was updated somewhere between 15 and 30 minutes later. I have written that in my problemreport to Plugwise.I will keep you informed if they come with a solution.
In the meantime i will have a second look at the gasmeter, because i also have seen that taking a shower was showing a peek in gas usage at the wrong hour. Some documented screenshots will be needed to show that this can be reproduced.
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

15 days ago I send a mail to Plugwise because of the wrong timeframes.
Today they answer me that it was issue who has to be fixed by the developers for the smile/app and hopefully also the source.
Via software updates they will inform us about the solution.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

looks good...I'm also going to try this..
since yesterday a new meter with option to connect the smile.

I hope it will calculate correct since i have 4 different plugwise modules in use for PV production and like to see online what i'm sending back.
Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl
Arnoud_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Arnoud_S »

Rutger wrote:Are here users with the Smile P1?
The Smile updates the gas usage ones per hour. I see in the Source that the gas usage is displayed in the next hour after the usage.
So if I take a shower between 7 an 8 in the morning, the gas usage is displayed from 8 to 9 hours, that's not correct in my opinion. On other forums I can't find anything about his.
Does anyone here have the same experience, otherwise I have to contact Plugwise again..

I think you have a Iskra P1 meter. The Iskra P1 meter updates the gasusage one hour too late. So the usage from 10:00 to 11:00 will be updated in the P1 telegram on 12:00. I believe the other P1 meters (Kamstrup and Landig Gyr) don't have this issue.
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

No, I've a Kamstrup 162J or 686-* model, and according Plugwise, the wrong timeframe is a bug in the Smile or Plugwise software. They're working on this issue.
Arnoud_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Arnoud_S »

Oh I didn't know that.
I will check if I have the same issue with my Iskra meter and the Smile.
But good News that they are going to fix it.
Redbull
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Redbull »

Anyone problems with adding the Smile P1 towards the Source 2.22 software?
Whatever I do, the source is telling me: "The Smile is not working or not working correctly" :(
Where the Smile is connected via LAN.

Does anyone has sugestions?
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

Also installed the Smile.
Idee and the app looks very promising.

Integration of the Source and Smile is also welcome..(not working at the moment)
App is very slow and will not work well outside your own network.
As reported before the app will show the power production in the main screen but will not show this in the usage charts.
Recording chart page my usage of today was 6KWh and it will cost me -5 cent..I do understand the calculation ...but I hope plugwise will display this correct in the next version.

Liander App works a bit faster and will do the same job ..(This app is also from plugwise)

Lets wait for the next version of the app
Attachments
Photo 27-08-12 22 06 08.png
Photo 27-08-12 22 06 08.png (81.31 KiB) Viewed 21219 times
Photo 27-08-12 22 05 45.png
Photo 27-08-12 22 05 45.png (193.8 KiB) Viewed 21219 times
Photo 27-08-12 22 05 28.png
Photo 27-08-12 22 05 28.png (94.92 KiB) Viewed 21219 times
Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl

Return to “Plugwise Forum”