Circle doesn't report usage

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
ludom

Circle doesn't report usage

Post by ludom »

Dear,

Since a few days I own a new Home Basic set of Plugwise, Awesome!

But I have a problem with one circle, this circle isn't reporting the current usage and total usage, both values stay on 0,00. No matter what device is connected to it.

I tested a few devices (simple 15 watt lamp, 100 watt consuming Computer, and a mobile Airco (uses way to much :()). But by none of them the circle is reporting the usages.

The circle is visible in the Source software and I can switch it On and Off without problems, but no usages.

I tried to remove the circle from the software and re-assign it again, and tried to place the circle closer to the circle+. This didn't help for me, still no usages.

All circles are running the latest FW version (2011-06-27) out of factory and my server is running the latest Source software (2.22). All other 8 circles are working fine! Only one isn't :roll:

Is this something that I can fix by myself or should I claim my warranty by Plugwise?

Thanks!
Home-brewed HA system based on Linux, PHP5, MySQL and Beanstalkd
nico_gh2

Re: Circle doesn't report usage

Post by nico_gh2 »

You could try to reset just this circle and see if it behaves better after that. If still not working Ok I think you have to talk to Plugwise.
ludom

Post by ludom »

nico_gh2 wrote:You could try to reset just this circle and see if it behaves better after that. If still not working Ok I think you have to talk to Plugwise.
Hi Nico, thanks for your reply.

I did reset the circle with success, as described here;
http://www.plugwise.com/nl/idplugtype-f ... lde-vragen

But still no usages visable. I send Plugwise a e-mail (helpdesk@plugwise.com) with my problem. I hope they will respond shortly.

Thanks.
hansieh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hansieh »

How is it further resolved.
I also recently purchased a plugwise-set but 1 of the 9 circles is not working properly and would not come online.
I have send a mail to the helpdesk with my problem a few days ago.

Actually I'm satisfied with the stuff but the fact that I still have had no response of the helpdesk I find regrettable.

Thanks
(domotica, arduino, MySQL, PHP, electronics)
http://www.chamiri.nl
ludom

Post by ludom »

hansieh wrote:How is it further resolved.
I also recently purchased a plugwise-set but 1 of the 9 circles is not working properly and would not come online.
I have send a mail to the helpdesk with my problem a few days ago.

Actually I'm satisfied with the stuff but the fact that I still have had no response of the helpdesk I find regrettable.

Thanks
Hi Hansieh,

I've mailed several times to Plugwise (since I started this topic), after 8/9 days or so they responded for the first time (they are not really fast). Last week I send the module that has problems back to Plugise so they can determine the problem and if possible fix it.

I don't know how long this could take, we will wait :D
hansieh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hansieh »

Hi ludom,
Thanks for your response,
The Sales is much quicker than the helpdesk. :-)
In the meanwhile I received a response from plugwise.
I may send back the defective DOA Circle.
Only I find it a bit regrettable that I must pay 7 euros again because they don't have a free mail Box "antwoordnummer" while the Circle probably disappears in the Recycle Bin .
Oh well I asked for a comment from plugwise.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

I have a (almost) 4 year old circle that stopped working.
I think I'm going to open it to see what's inside, just for the fun of it.
ludom

Post by ludom »

hansieh wrote:Hi ludom,
Thanks for your response,
The Sales is much quicker than the helpdesk. :-)
In the meanwhile I received a response from plugwise.
I may send back the defective DOA Circle.
Only I find it a bit regrettable that I must pay 7 euros again because they don't have a free mail Box "antwoordnummer" while the Circle probably disappears in the Recycle Bin .
Oh well I asked for a comment from plugwise.
Hi Hansieh,

The sales department is definitely quicker, but oh, this is almost everywhere :D .
Yeah its pity about the extra transfer costs, if we have working modules back its ok i guess.

@digit, nice "sloop" project :D i was also curious about the contents of the circles.
ludom

Post by ludom »

Hi Hansieh,

Today I received a new Circle from Plugwise! I didn't know anything so it was a surprise when I came home from work :D.
Since I send my broken Circle I didn't heard anything from Plugwise, no updates about the problem or something.

But after all, they fixed it well (brand new circle that work as it should!). Their service is a bit strange but they solved it well.
hansieh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hansieh »

Hi Ludom,

That is nice to hear,
I'm still waiting, I have send the defect Circle more then a week ago.
I also not received any response whatsoever. ;-(
Not even a confirmation about receiving the defect Circle.

I expect a bit more service, certainly when you have a DOA.
neco
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by neco »

Hi there, I would love to use my first post for something better but... unfortunately I´ve just received and installed my plugwise kit... and I´m having the same problem; 1 lazy circle

Not the end of the world (I would prefer anyway that all them were fine) but after reading you I´m a bit scared about the plugwise support, sending the circle from Spain won´t be exactly cheap, and be waiting a couple weeks or more to get a new/repaired product that should be ok from the beginning... doesn´t sound so good.

Is there something else to do before to just send it? I tried it in several places, follow the process to reset it, and always the same result; no reports, taking any other and testing it in same place and with same appliance it shows perfectly the current usage, so pretty sure that something is wrong with this one.
hansieh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hansieh »

I think the only thing you can do is contact the helpdesk.

I have sent back my faulty circle and I am still waiting for a response.
And so I have still no replacement for my DOA.
Their products are fine, but the support is horrible.
neco
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by neco »

hansieh wrote:I think the only thing you can do is contact the helpdesk.

Thank you... for the bad News :|

Yep, you´re right, the product looks great, I would tell that I´m quite happy with it, but support doesn´t look to be at the same level... anyway, I´ll give them the opportunity to solve this before to start blaming. Better to be positive... just 1 circle of 12 broken, not that bad!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Do I look silly if I ask what happens when you send your case to the deskhelp? I mean... do they send you a confirmation email or something? I´m asking because I already sent my claim this morning, and after filling the form and explaining my case I clicked in the "send" button and... nothing, the page refreshed and no confirmation, no email, nothing, just a new blank form, so now I´m not sure if it arrived, it didn´t, they just don´t like complains... :lol:

Well... let´s be patient, I´ll enjoy my other 11 circles in the meantime...
hansieh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hansieh »

neco wrote:
hansieh wrote:I think the only thing you can do is contact the helpdesk.

Thank you... for the bad News :|

Yep, you´re right, the product looks great, I would tell that I´m quite happy with it, but support doesn´t look to be at the same level... anyway, I´ll give them the opportunity to solve this before to start blaming. Better to be positive... just 1 circle of 12 broken, not that bad!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Do I look silly if I ask what happens when you send your case to the deskhelp? I mean... do they send you a confirmation email or something? I´m asking because I already sent my claim this morning, and after filling the form and explaining my case I clicked in the "send" button and... nothing, the page refreshed and no confirmation, no email, nothing, just a new blank form, so now I´m not sure if it arrived, it didn´t, they just don´t like complains... :lol:

Well... let´s be patient, I´ll enjoy my other 11 circles in the meantime...
Hi Neco,

It took a few days before I got a reply after my notification of my failed circle.
My request to just to send a new replacement circle was rejected and I had to send my circle for research.
That is now almost a month ago and I still haven't heard anything. (no response , no confirmation, no email)
That remind me, I will send them a mail to request the status of my Circle.
LOL

Return to “Plugwise Forum”