source 2.22 webserver 'access is denied'

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
nico_gh2

source 2.22 webserver 'access is denied'

Post by nico_gh2 »

Source is running fine and recognises the stick without problems but when I try to enable the webserver it shows the status as 'Access is denied'. The only process active in the taskmanager is PlugwisePC.

If I run the ServerProgram it lists as 'running' but I can't connect to the given url.
Taskmanager lists nothing besides the SourceServer therefore think the process needed for the server is not running.

The licence features do list the webserver thus I haven't got a clue as to why it is not working.
Anybody?
nico_gh2

Re: source 2.22 webserver 'access is denied'

Post by nico_gh2 »

After some more troubleshooting and comparing my old winXP setup with the new win8 VM I managed to track this down to the UserAccountControl.
Now I have all shortcuts to AND all exe-files in the Plugwise program folder set to 'Run as Administrator' and it works.
soitjes

Re: source 2.22 webserver 'access is denied'

Post by soitjes »

Great ! That finally solved my problem. I have another program running that listens to port 8080, which is the default for Plugwise, and when I tried to change that port I also got that message "Access is denied". Plugwise support was a disaster, after only one reply stating that "something must be running on your computer" they didn't reply on any other email.

Now I applied the "run as adminstrator" as you mention and it works fine.

Thanks for the hint !!

Soitjes.
My Digital Home Server - http://www.digitalhomeserver.net

Return to “Plugwise Forum”