"History" in circles

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
vanisher

"History" in circles

Post by vanisher »

Currently i''m have the plugwise application installed on a windows machine.

At the moment i''m testing domotiga (instead of homeseer) but i''m a little reluctant to connect plugwise to domotiga due the history that''s build up already.

Is the history of the circles flushed right after connection with the plugwise application? Or is the history kept for a few weeks / months on the circle itself also?
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: "History" in circles

Post by RdP »

Hi PlugWise Circles can hold historical data for about a year. The data is not flushed when the Source software collects the data.

Best regards,
Rien
Rien
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

that would be great.

So i can connect plugwise to domogita to do some tests. And if i place the stick back in my windows pc the plugwise stats are updated without dataloss..
Max-1968
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Max-1968 »

Hi,

although my question is not related to domotica, but instead to Plugwise Source (current version, 2.23), perhaps someone can help me here...

I've received my Plugwise set last week (9 Circles), did the configuration and had it run for few hours. Looked good to me, so I shutdown my PC. On the next day when I started Source I had to do all the configuration again... and again... and again. Sent a mail to plugwise support about this, with no response until today. The installation (I reinstalled Source several times) where all done with admin privileges, but Source was only started by an user without admin privileges.

As I had to reinstall my PC anyway I just did this today (Win 7 ultimate install from scratch), and afterwards installed Source as user with admin privileges, and for this particular user it works fine while it is not usable for any other user on my PC. So this seems to indicate that source requires admin privileges - which I don't like, but can accept. I have not read the manual about permission requirements btw...

BUT as I was not able to use Source due to above issues about one week of data of the circles is lost meanwhile. Is there any chance to get the "old" data which was collected from my initial "failed" installation to my current working one ? Within the Source software I did see the "show data from" button/capability, but this does not give me my old data... Of course (the installation never worked) I do not have an backup of the initial installations...

In the future I think of plugging the Plugwise USB stick into my ReadyNAS and have that with some of the SW on the internet collect the data / act as an interface to my Plugwise network... This one here seeme to be the most knowledgeable forum around, so maybe I get back here if that is OK :)

Thx,

Max

Return to “Plugwise Forum”