Firmware update Circle+ failes

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
keeslamper

Firmware update Circle+ failes

Post by keeslamper »

Hello,

I try to update the firmware from an Circle+ but it doesn't work. It take hours and then it says update failed.

The current firmware is 2009-09-08 and the updater said there is an 2011 version available. I also tried to downgrade my Source software to .22 version on advise of Plugwise but when I want to upgrade the modules I've to upgrade Source version first....

Somebody know this problem en maybe has an workaround/solution?

Kees
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Firmware update Circle+ failes

Post by RdP »

keeslamper wrote:Hello,

I try to update the firmware from an Circle+ but it doesn't work. It take hours and then it says update failed.

The current firmware is 2009-09-08 and the updater said there is an 2011 version available. I also tried to downgrade my Source software to .22 version on advise of Plugwise but when I want to upgrade the modules I've to upgrade Source version first....

Somebody know this problem en maybe has an workaround/solution?

Kees
Hi Kees,

I addition to the mail you sent me, have a look at http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.p ... are#p58466

This might solve your problem....

/Rien
Rien
keeslamper

Post by keeslamper »

Thanks Rien,

But the problem still exist because I MUST update the source else the updater exit!

Kees
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

i have a similar problem, i buy my circles and circles plus mostly on the dutch ebay marktplaats, it went well the last 2 years upgrading old firmware of circles to the contemporary versions, but now i bought 12 circles not updating, after half an hour waiting and updating the result is : update failed, my circle + is allrirght and filled with the newest firmware 2011-6 the old ones are 2010-3.
rances

Post by rances »

keeslamper wrote:Thanks Rien,

But the problem still exist because I MUST update the source else the updater exit!

Kees
I had this same problem. Finally solved it by using an old pc with old version of Source already installed. I didn't connect the pc to the Internet so I was able to pass the Source update warning. Try the downgraded version of the update with Internet disconnected.

Cheers
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

my updating circles from marktplaats has been solved , leave the circle + a few hours from the wall socket and dont put the circles on top of each other.
roheve
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by roheve »

Just added and updated two new circles from a 2009 version to a 2011 version. Stil one unused circle (with old fimware) left :) Did not have a problem, updating went automatic, after adding the 2 modules.
I wonder why, when adding the new circles, 'source' complains about that i did not have all modules added. How does it know that I still have one module (never powered on).

My online circles have now two firmware versions, both 2011, but I have a may 13 version and a june 27 version. The may version won't update to the june version, but it seems to work fine.

Return to “Plugwise Forum”