Single tap on/off from IOS homescreen

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
Art
Starting Member
Starting Member

Single tap on/off from IOS homescreen

Post by Art »

Switching on the coffee machine in the kitchen from the couch in the living room entailed pulling out my iphone, unlocking it, browsing to the Plugwise app (on the seventh screen in my case), waiting for it to open the device list, browsing to the right device and swiping the on/off button. I might as well walk there and do it by hand. So I figured out how to switch a device with a single tap on a home screen icon.

Requires a server running Plugwise Source
Assumes ip address and port of the server is 192.168.1.23:8080
Assumes username is admin
Assumes password is yourpassword

- Install the files and follow the instructions kindly provided by Tane in domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=37& ... amp;t=1768. Tanes instructions involve disabling password protection on the server. I was uncomfortable with this, so my method passes username and password in the URL.
- Open Safari, enter an URL in the following format: http://admin:yourpassword@192.168.1.23:8080/cc.html?applid=11&cmd=on
- Safari will throw up a warning about internet fraud. To get rid of this, go to Settings -> Safari -> Fraudulent Website Warning and disable it.
- To generate an icon on your homescreen, in Safari tap menu -> Add to homescreen

The icon on your home screen will be blank. gigaom.com/2011/06/22/how-to-create-ios ... web-sites/ may help here.

Enjoy,

Art

Return to “Plugwise Forum”