missing twilight switch option for schedules.

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
roheve
Starting Member
Starting Member

missing twilight switch option for schedules.

Post by roheve »

Hi,

About the switch on/off or idle-switchoff schema or schedule.

I have a schedule used to switch some lights on in the morning (from a specified time until it is light outside) or in the evening (on when it gets dark, until a specified time. The time of twilight shifts due to seasonal influence with the date.

Now, I miss an option to configure a switch event based on twilight. Would be like the stand-by killer, a conditional switch on or off, but different condition.

The switch moment would be depended on the day-of-year, an following dawn or dusk, more or less. Technically that is easy, as you can calculate it easy, based on the day (or week). No need for a light sensor. Now I have to adjust the schema every few weeks in autum or spring. The twilight moment depend on the time, and the day-of-year value (and offset with latitude (and longitude, as a 'plug' keeps their internal time in UTC). It is a simple formula to calculate.

I already asked plugwise by mail (suggesting to consider that feature) but they answered that it was not possible with their plugs. Offcource, I suggested to consider a new feature, for a future version. Well, maybe the plugs aren't alowed to have more inteligence in them. Maybe they just want to sell more light sensors or external processors, preferably in the cloud. :(

Roelof
PietjeNL

Re: missing twilight switch option for schedules.

Post by PietjeNL »

I did also asked this in the past, seems to do with the memory in the modules.
So it is probably a hardware limitation.

Return to “Plugwise Forum”