Klik-aan-klik-uit signal booster

Forum about Click On Click Off (KAKU), Home Easy and related hardware.
Lennart

Post by Lennart »

Hi all,

Klik-aan-klik-uit (Click-on-click-off) currently has a signal booster (or repeater?) in their product catalogue: the AEX-701.

Now I'm wondering:

- Does anyone have experience with this device?

- Will it work in combination with the Rfxcom receiver, also for the automatic code rf signals?

- Won't it disturb other (X10) rf transmissions @ 433,92 MHz? Or could it even boost (or repeat?) these?

Thanks,

Lennart
elektrovakman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by elektrovakman »

Don't use klik aan klik uit is not reliable. Use Xcomfort system of Moeller. The price is a little bit higher but is more reliable and the possibilities are also higer.

Its bidirectional, works on 868 Mhz and it has a router function. Als the 230 VAC powered components are also router, so you don't need a extra repaeter.

See www.draadloosschakelen.nl
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

Kaku modules cost 15 euro...and via RFXcom/homeseer you can control it.
Xcomfort cost +/- 100 euro and there is no interface for Homeseer..
Lennart

Post by Lennart »

Hi Elektrovakman,

Thanks for informing me, but do you have any proof for your claim concerning the unreliability of Klik-aan-klik-uit (references, etc.)?

Given your numerous posts (spamming?) about how Xcomfort is the halleluja-praise-the-lord invention of home automation, I kind of doubt your objectivity in this matter.

In my opinion, there's no single best technology. Every technology has it's own drawbacks. For KAKU, it's the lack of status request/two way communication. For A10 it's the delay in communication. And for Xcomfort it's clearly the lack of openness of the protocol. Having freely available software is not enough, even if it's good. Open protocols is what we need and want.

Lennart

Return to “Click On Click Off & Home Easy”