Alternative for AMST606 (Magnet switch)

Forum about Click On Click Off (KAKU), Home Easy and related hardware.
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Hi, at the moment i am very disappointed with the proformance of the KaKu magnet switches. I loosing signal all the time. Is there a solution for this or is there an reasonable alernative?

-Bram
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

in price range i think not, otherwise you should go with visionic, but you need a visionic receiver in your rfxcom and the devices itself are expensive..

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

The A-series KAKU devices i have are all quite generous with the amount of packtets they send, so i would think it is hard to miss them all.

Solution: add an additionala RFXCOM receiver. I have 2: one at the front and one at the back of the house.
Alternative: Visonic MCT-302. But then you'll also need a Visonic receiver. This is the most reliable option (based on personal experiences).
esschenk

Post by esschenk »

Hello,

You can also modify the switch.
Remove the coil antenne, and replace it with a wire from about 17cm
the performance is a lot beter,
(about twice the distance)

Ed

<font size="1">Homeseer2.3.0.60 Snevl DooNetwork,ActiveBackup Plugin,NetCAM,PowerTrigger,RFXcom,BlRfid,BLebaymonitor,BLIcon,BLChart Jon00 Webpagebuilder,www.domotica.famschenk.eu</font id="size1">
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AshaiRey</i>
<br />Hi, at the moment i am very disappointed with the proformance of the KaKu magnet switches. I loosing signal all the time. Is there a solution for this or is there an reasonable alernative?

-Bram

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I guess you get what you pay for. I threw it out, using MCT-302 now, more expensive but it works all the time.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

Al my Kaku door Window sensors stopped working after few months..battery replacement did not solve the problem.
I have replaced all of the with MCT-302
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Thanks for all the advice this far.

@Digit
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Solution: add an additionala RFXCOM receiver. I have 2: one at the front and one at the back of the house.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Distance isn't a problem. Even at 2 meters from the rfxcom it has problems. The first few times it work but over a couple of days they all stop detecting.

I will look into the MCT-302 devices

Return to “Click On Click Off & Home Easy”