KAKU refuses to learn code

Forum about Click On Click Off (KAKU), Home Easy and related hardware.
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Edwin2008 »

I've got a few kaku devices (AC-300, AC-1000, AGDR-300, AGDR-3500) and today i discovered that i'm not able to connect a device to a code.
One device (AGDR-3500) is stil working alright but the others (laying around for some time) are not connectable to a code.
I can switch the working device with two different remotes (YCT-102, TMT-502) and with rfxcom so i guess the transmitting part is ok.
I've reset the device and got a nice 2x on/off reaction but when i'm trying to learn a new code the led keeps blinking and is not showing any reaction. Strange part is that all the three modules are acting the same

I tried with two remotes and rfxcom, no succes.
I tried a different location in the house, no sucess
i switched off rfxcom and a wifi accesspoint, no luke.

All the modules are the new ones without code dialing wheel.
Anyone a suggestion?
Jeroen Bartels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jeroen Bartels »

It can only store 6 codes, did you try a reset?
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Edwin2008 »

"I've reset the device and got a nice 2x on/off reaction " ;)
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: KAKU refuses to learn code

Post by Edwin2008 »

solved. three modules went to customer support and i got them working returned. no clue what they did different then what i did.
** edwin **
Paul2010
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Paul2010 »

HI All,

Sorry to bump this old tread, but I am experiencing the exact same issues quoted in this topic:
My KIKA Modules that were working flawlessly before, refuse to learn a code, even after a complete reset.

What I tried so far:
  • I tried learning an additional code, this did not work (memory could be full)
  • I factory reset a working module. It did light up twice after the reset as described in the manual
  • I tried learning a new code with the YCT-102 remote that I already owned. This failed
  • I purchased another remote. Also with this remote it was impossible to learn a new code
  • I tried a new unit. Still a no go
Does anyone have a clue what could be up, or is customer service the way to go?
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Maybe this sounds very obvious but i had a struggle with a situation like this for a few hours.

I reset the module, started the learning mode went to my computer to click then ON command that need to be learned. got the signal back that the code was recieved and .. it didn't work.

While walking to the computer i passed several motion detectors that fired and filled the memory before i could enter my own code.
Bram
Paul2010
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Paul2010 »

Thanks for the quick feedback AshaiRey!

If I understand you correctly, you are using your computer to control your KIKA modules and also have some motion detectors installed?

I am only using standard KIKA modules and one control unit (the remote), so no computer or motion detectors. Could it be that I would need to reset everything to get it to work? I am a bit reluctant to try this, since I still have 3 working modules today and do not want to break it all...

Maybe I should just unplug it all and try if that allows me to reconfigure the reset module with the additional remote I bought? Will give that a try tonight and report back
Jeroen Bartels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jeroen Bartels »

Are you sure you completely resetted the modules? What type are they?
Do you hear them click when being programmed or resetted?
**Jeroen**
Paul2010
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Paul2010 »

resetting all the modules did the trick. I have no clue what made the difference this time but I'll explain what I did different this time opposed to previous attempts

I now reset all modules before trying to program any of them. before, I had only reset one. Could it be that something was up with the ones I did not touch that prevented the reset module to be programmed?

Anyway: resetting everything resolved my issue. hope that might help someone else if they come across a similar situation

Thanks for the feedback! It's appreciated a lot!

Cheers, Paul

Return to “Click On Click Off & Home Easy”