AWMT-230 MINI transmitter (in-wall)

Forum about Click On Click Off (KAKU), Home Easy and related hardware.
Jeroen Bartels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

AWMT-230 MINI transmitter (in-wall)

Post by Jeroen Bartels »

KAKU has introduced a new transmitter for paralel use on existing switches. AMWT-230

http://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/download/?AWMT-230.pdf

This is a transmiter (2 chanels) where you cannot set the housecode etcetera like on a normal KAKU remote.
Is it still possible to have this transmiter trigger a homeseer event using RFXcom receiver?

With my other Kaku remote controls I know what housecode they are sending but with the automatic transmitters I don't.

I really like the solution KAKU is offering because I have many unused wall-switches in our house. :D

Any ideas?
**Jeroen**
AshaiRey

Re: AWMT-230 MINI transmitter (in-wall)

Post by AshaiRey »

Yes it's possible. It uses the automatic codng system. RFXCom can 'learn' the send code in the same way as you do when adding a DS10 security door switch
Bram
GertBeckers
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by GertBeckers »

Beware: the new AWMT-230 will only send signals when switching loads. You will not be able to send any signal when connected to "unused wall-switches".
It will only send a signal when your wall switch switches any load on or off. A problem that might be resolved by using a 230V LED as a load?
I have exactly the same situation and will try so.
hansallis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hansallis »

I've successfully connected an AWMT-230 to an unused wall switch. As it turns out, the AWMT-230 regards having its L-input connected to a phase wire and its other input connected to nothing as being "ON". Then when you connect this other input to the neutral wire, it regards this as the switch begin flipped to an OFF-position.

So I connected its L-input to a phase wire permanently and used the wall switch to connect the other input to a neutral wire. Flipping the switch will connect or disconnect the other input to/from the neutral wire, causing the AWMT-230 to respond appropriately. (to keep the switch orientation as it was before, I had to turn the switch up-side-down)

Return to “Click On Click Off & Home Easy”