Combining of KAKU wall switches with conventional wallsocket

Forum about Click On Click Off (KAKU), Home Easy and related hardware.
nvnoort
Starting Member
Starting Member

Combining of KAKU wall switches with conventional wallsocket

Post by nvnoort »

I currently have a wall switch that is combined with a power socket. In this part I want to replace the current switch with a KAKU AWST-8802. The KAKU switch does not fit in the frame of the current wallswitch however, so I would have to replace the wallsocked and frame too. Does anybody know what material of which manufacturer is compatible with KAKU regarding dimensions so I could combine a wallsocket and frame of that manufacturer with the KAKU AWST-8802 ?

Regards, Niels van Noort.
Henk

Re: Combining of KAKU wall switches with conventional wallsocket

Post by Henk »

KaKU has its own wallplates and not compatible with any other brand, also this module is not designed to fit in or on a inbouwdoos - it is a sender module and you suppose to glue it against the wall. You need at least an actor to switch the light
KAKU has a module what can be placed behind your existing wall switch (it needs 13mm space ) the power wires should be transfered to this module and two extra little switching wires between the wallswitch and the module. This module is limited to 230 Watt.

Henk
nvnoort
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by nvnoort »

Henk, thank you very much for this reply, it is not going to help me though. The situation is in the hall where there is a double switch for the hallway light and upstairs light. Upstairs I have the same for the upstairs light and one for the attic. I cannot fit 2 modules in the socket behind the switch, and even if I could it would not help.

There must be some conventional material that is compatible with the KAKU switches.

Niels
hjvingen
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hjvingen »

Niels,

The switches from KAKU looks a lot like the Jung CD-500, but with a slightly bigger frame than the Jung.

the modules were Henk was referring to, also work with a double wall switch.
Take a look at the AWMT-230 klikaanklikuit.nl/shop/producten-1/zend ... -awmt-231/.
Screenshot 2013-08-19 09.48.46.png
Screenshot 2013-08-19 09.48.46.png (67.75 KiB) Viewed 8666 times

Regards,
Hennie
nvnoort
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by nvnoort »

Hi Hennie,
This would probably have been a good alternative. I have now combined the AWST 8802 with Berker IP44. This looks ok and should be sufficient.

I am still not sure how I would have combined this with the switches in the hall, upstairs and in the attic. This would put 3 lights over 2 switches in the picture, which makes it a bit more complicated. Unless you can just connect the wire from the switch to the neutral directly to switch a light.

Anyway, I have it working now combined with the conventional stuff of Berker. the only thing is that the Berker is stuff is off-white, compared to the real white switch AWST 8802, but it looks nicer then a white switch next to the existing switch.

Regards, Niels.

Return to “Click On Click Off & Home Easy”