Nieuwe versie Plugwise Plugin 1.2

Forum over de plugwise plugin van Rene Klootwijk, nu in handen van Rien du Pre (DUTCH forum)

Moderators: Rene, RdP

ppollet73
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Nieuwe versie Plugwise Plugin 1.2

Post by ppollet73 »

Hello,
first of all, thanks for this wonderful plugwise plugin :)
I have however a feature request, could it be possible to choose in the configuration of the plugin to log the data in a ODBC database (to use for example mysql) rather than log data in the access database ?

Thanks in advance

Ppollet73
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

I will put it on the requested feature list, but I have my doubts about it.
Rene.
ppollet73
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ppollet73 »

Hello Rene,
Is this feature request list available anywhere ?

Regards

Ppollet73
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DJF3 »

Just started using the plugin (for the first time ;-)

Some remarks:
- Documentation is missing?? The only info I found is on what to copy where. No info regarding: house-code used, how the plugin handles location1/location2/type/etc.
- Current usage: Remove decimals (14,24W vs 14W - 0,24 doesn't add value but doesn't make it easier to read). Instead place a space between the number and 'W'.
- Total usage: Remove decimals (as it doesn't add value). Instead place a space between the number and 'kWh'.
- Enhancement request: add (configurable) device that lists the current TOTAL usage for the Plugwise modules.
- For devices that are non-switchabel, remove the "ON/OFF" icon
- Have a different-icon/different-color for non-switchable devices. I don't need to see their status because I know that they're switched on anyway. In my Plugwise script I did it like this:
Script_PlugwiseDJ_screenshot.jpg
Script_PlugwiseDJ_screenshot.jpg (32.14 KiB) Viewed 14806 times
GRAY = cannot be switched
RED = OFF
GREEN = ON

Looking good!

DJ
Last edited by DJF3 on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

ppollet73 wrote:Hello Rene,
Is this feature request list available anywhere ?
See http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4656
Rene.
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

DJF3 wrote: - Documentation is missing?? The only info I found is on what to copy where. No info regarding: house-code used, how the plugin handles location1/location2/type/etc.
Correct there is very little documentation (it is no fun to write documentation ;-) ). The house code is automatically determined (whatever is free) and I thought the location and type handling explained itself (there are configuration options for this). When I do not know what else to do, possible I will spent some time on documentation.
DJF3 wrote: - Current usage: Remove decimals (14,24W vs 14W - 0,24 doesn't add value but doesn't make it easier to read). Instead place a space between the number and 'W'.
- Total usage: Remove decimals (as it doesn't add value). Instead place a space between the number and 'kWh'.
I like the decimals. Maybe I will add it as a configuration option.
DJF3 wrote: - Enhancement request: add (configurable) device that lists the current TOTAL usage for the Plugwise modules.
This already exists. You can enable it on the configuration screen (Use a special device to collect the total usage of all appliances)
DJF3 wrote: - For devices that are non-switchabel, remove the "ON/OFF" icon
In a previous version I tried to implement this but it would not work reliably (when you changed a device from locked to unlocked or vice versa some times the buttons did disappear or showup). I will to implement it in another way in a next version.
DJF3 wrote: - Have a different-icon/different-color for non-switchable devices. I don't need to see their status because I know that they're switched on anyway.
I will think about it;-)

Why did you start using the plugin when your scripts do everything you want (no offence)?
Rene.
Jeroen Bartels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jeroen Bartels »

It's no big deal for me but I would like to make one comment on the decimals:
The number of decimals should depend on the accuracy of th plugs. Can Plugwise measure 1/100 of a Watt, then 2 decimals are fine. If it can only measure 1/10 of a Watt, one decimal would be ok.
It all depends on the steps right? What I'm trying to say is that it should not try to show an accuracy that isn't there.

But whatever happens: I am really happy with this plugin and it add's great value to my domoticaproject.
It tels me when the deepfryer (frituur) is hot, when the washingmachine is ready, usage per item, etc etc.
**Jeroen**
simjoc

Post by simjoc »

simjoc wrote:Ik heb ook een vraag over de plug-in. Ik heb een tijd Plugwise niet kunnen gebruiken omdat de laatste versie op een of andere manier problemen gaf. Nu met de nieuwe beta 2.16 werkt Plugwise weer prima. Ik kan in source alle apparaten schakelen en ook de status klopt weer. Echter heb ik problemen met de plug-in (versie 1.2). De apparaten worden gevonden en de status werkt prima. Echter ik kan de apparaten niet schakelen vanuit Homeseer. Heeft iemand een idee waar dit aan zou kunnen liggen? Ik zal de log er bij plaatsen.

Code: Select all

4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plug-In 	Initializing Plug-in: Plugwise
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: InitPlugin: Homeseer Interface Version: 3
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: InitDatabase: Entered function
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: InitDatabase: Opened connection to database 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\data\Plugwise\plugwise.mdb'.
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: InitPlugin: Read configuration from the database
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: Set host to localhost
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: Set Refresh Interval to 30000ms
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: Set LogLevel to 3
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: Set port to 89
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: Version database is 1,0
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: Set uid to simon
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: Set password to xxxx
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: Set Plugwise authentication to False
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: Set 'Use Plugwise Location' to True
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: Set 'Use Plugwise Device Type' to True
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: Set 'Use Total Device Type' to False
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: Set status string format to %S %U (%T) %G%L
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: InitDevices: Found a Plugwise appliance (Computer) at ]1
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: InitDevices: Added house code ] to list of house codes in use
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: InitDevices: Found a Plugwise appliance (Radio) at ]2
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: Initialize timer for refresh interval
4-8-2010 11:38:15 	Plug-In 	Finished initializing plug-in Plugwise
Bij het aan/uit doen van een apparaat krijg ik dit:

Code: Select all

4-8-2010 11:39:33 	Device Control 	Device: Zolder Computer (]1) ON
4-8-2010 11:39:33 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: SetIOEx: Housecode: ] Devicecode: 1
4-8-2010 11:39:33 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: SetIOEx: Housecode: ] Devicecode: 1
4-8-2010 11:39:33 	Plugwise 	DEBUG: SetState: Calling 'http://localhost:89/switch.html?applid=2&cmd=1'
4-8-2010 11:39:33 	Plugwise 	ERROR: Cannot set state of appliance: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Ik hoop dat iemand mij kan helpen.
heb je inmiddels misschien tijd gehad om hier een oogje op te werpen?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Hi Rene,
Perhaps in next major release a direct interface to the plugwise system (optional).
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DJF3 »

DJF3 wrote: - Documentation is missing?? The only info I found is on what to copy where. No info regarding: house-code used, how the plugin handles location1/location2/type/etc.

Rene: Correct there is very little documentation (it is no fun to write documentation ;-) ). The house code is automatically determined (whatever is free) and I thought the location and type handling explained itself (there are configuration options for this). When I do not know what else to do, possible I will spent some time on documentation.
No worries.. With your response time on this forum it's ok! :)
DJF3 wrote: - Current usage: Remove decimals (14,24W vs 14W - 0,24 doesn't add value but doesn't make it easier to read). Instead place a space between the number and 'W'.

Rene: I like the decimals. Maybe I will add it as a configuration option.
That would be great. 127.67 vs. 128 - makes it easier to read. Configurable woul be great. It would not even be a problem if you just dropped everything after the '.', not rounding the number.
DJF3 wrote: - Enhancement request: add (configurable) device that lists the current TOTAL usage for the Plugwise modules.

Rene: This already exists. You can enable it on the configuration screen (Use a special device to collect the total usage of all appliances)
If I only learned how to read ;-)
Rene wrote: Why did you start using the plugin when your scripts do everything you want (no offence)?
It's always good to explore the options outside "my little world" :) Everybody is using your (great) plugin so I also wanted to try it. Also want to do some tests with HST and see what the differences are.
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

@simjoc: Looks like you did not install the switch.html script in the document root of the Plugwise (not Homeseer) webserver.
Rene.
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Alexander »

Ik heb mijn pc opnieuw geinstalleerd en weer dedicated gemaakt. Door Z-wave polling werd mijn VM servertje te veel belast.
Ik heb een tijdje zitten zoeken naar het probleem waarom ik geen plugwise devices in HS zie verschijnen, maar in de XML zag ik dat je kijkt naar de Rooms, terwijl ik deze nog niet gedefineerd had in de source.
Tip voor anderen bij de installatie of wellicht een puntje in situaties waarbij er geen rooms zijn gedefinieerd ook een andere xml te plaatsen of iets dergelijks.
Alexander
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

Dit was destijds de enige manier om room informatie te koppelen aan een plug. Ik zal eens kijken of dat nog steeds zo is.
Rene.
iamjwk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by iamjwk »

Rene,

Mijn plugwise set lag te verstoffen, maar sinds ik met HSTouch mijn HTC HD2 aan het inrichten ben heb ikm ze vandaag weer afgestoft. Firmware van de modules geupdate en nieuwste source software geinstalleerd. Plugin in homeseer geinstalleerd. Status etc. allemaal OK, maar ook ik kan de plugs niet aan/uit zetten. Via source en de plugin webserver werkt het wel.

Jan-Willem
iamjwk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by iamjwk »

Opgelost. Zag dat switch.html gebruikt werd en dat deze niet in de www folder van de plugwise source software stond. Het werkt nu prima

Jan-Willem

Return to “Homeseer Plugwise Plugin Forum”