Plugin Plugwise for Homeseer

Forum over de plugwise plugin van Rene Klootwijk, nu in handen van Rien du Pre (DUTCH forum)

Moderators: Rene, RdP

Jacques
Starting Member
Starting Member

Plugin Plugwise for Homeseer

Post by Jacques »

Goog afternoon
I am a new member on this Forum ( and in domotics ) and I need some help .I know almost all the posts of this group by heart , but I cannot find the solution . I have been trying to install your plugin 0.3 for days and days , with no success .
I work with Windows 7 ; and my PC is behind a router.
Before installation, my folders structure is : homeseer 2/html/images/Homeseer/.gif existing files for homeseer
1) Should we copy Folder hspi_plugwise/.gif files for Plugwise in Folder images of 1) ( if not we erase the existing images of homeseer ?)
2) Should we copy the Folder Plugwise/actual.aspx,total.aspx,web config in the html folder of 1)
3) Should we copy statistics.xml and switch.html in Folder www of Plugwise : statistics.xml already exists in the folder www and this will replace it ( is this what we want )
- When I apply all the procedure , I do not see any of my Plugwise appliances coming in Homeseer
- I only see a button " Plugwise Charts " but only with yhe frame ( the axes ) and no appliances
- I also have a message << cannot access to localhost, port 8080//statistics.xml
If somebody can help me
Regards
Jacques
freakstar

Re: Plugin Plugwise for Homeseer

Post by freakstar »

Did you enable the webserver in the Plugwise Source application?
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

Where did you get version 0.3? The last released version is 1.2.

Installing is not that hard, just following the directions mentioned in this post http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4654&start=0

If you want some support, you better not react like you did in this post http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6955. I have always been very supportive I think and these kind of reactions will not make it any better.
Rene.
Jacques
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Jacques »

1) Yes I enabled the webserver in the Plugwise Source
2) I have dowloaded it from forum site " maison-et-domotique which has a blog ( Cédric Locqueneux )explaining yourplugin and giving a link to dowload the plugin 0.3 . René I would like to tell you I read carefully all the posts on your forum , and as far as I know , you also have the ref 0.3 for the last version you explained .The only thing is that all the dowload links have been removed .
Also , I wonder if Plugwise software has not changed since .
I am sorry if I have upset you .
If you could help me , I will be very gratefull .Best Regards . Jacques
Jacques
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Jacques »

I was short of place on my answer
René, the link you gave me is the forum in dutch;unfortunately,I do not speak dutch .
So all the posts I read were in the forum in english ( I dont know if there are differences ). But even in the forum in dutch you seem to talk about version 1.2 and 0.3 ?
Jacques
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

OK, so let me explain in english the steps you have to follow to install the plugin. BTW I do not known where you got I am still referring to 0.3.

Steps to follow:
1. Download the zip file here
2. Unzip the file in a temporary directory
3. Stop Homeseer
4. Copy the following files to their destination:
All files in the /html directory to <homeseer dir>/html
/data/Plugwise/plugwise.mdb to <homeseer dir>/data/Plugwise
/hspi_Plugwise.dll to <homeseer dir>
All files in the /Plugwise directory to <plugwise dir>/www (P.S.: This is a sub directory of the installation directory of the Plugwise software (The Source))
5. Restart Homeseer
6. Enable de Plugwise plugin in the Homeseer setup (setp/interfaces)
5. Configure the plugwise plugin
Rene.
Jacques
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Jacques »

OK René I have dowloaded the file from the link you gave me in the previous post .It's OK
1) Copy « data folder « to « homeseer folder « ( no problem as there is no “ data folder “ in homeseer initially )
2) html/images/hspi_Plugwise/.gif files
- Should we copy “ html/images/hspi_Plugwise/.gif files in “ homeseer hs2/html/images “ as there is already a folder named “ images “ in homeseer .
- And “ html/Plugwise/ .aspx and .config files “ in “ homeseer hs2/html
3) Copy hspi_Plugwise.dll in “ homeseer hs2 folder “ ( No problem )
4) Copy “ statistics.xml and switch.html in “ Plugwise Source/www folder “ ( No problem )
5) “ visifire2.js “ and “ SL.Visifire.Charts.xap “ files in homeseer “ hs2/html/Plugwise folder “ ( no problem )
Where I have really an understanding problem is on step 2)
Jacques
Jacques
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Jacques »

Hello René
Can you advise me on step 2) so I can try again to install the plugin
Thank you for your help
Jacques
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

Yes, copy all image files to the images dir.
Jacques
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Jacques »

Thank you René
I almost get it !
I get all the appliances in Homeseer
I still have a ( small ? ) problem : After having copied visifire2.js and SL.Visifire.Charts.xap in <homeseer dir>\html\Plugwise directory ,and installed Silverlight ver 4 ,when I select the charts button , I do not get the charts , but an error log that seems to come from "Silverlight"(I am not sûre) ; Do you have an idea ? Thank you again for your help .
Best Regards
Jacques
Jacques
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Jacques »

Hello René
Good new
I found why the Charts did not work ; it's because in the name of appliances in Plugwise , I had "&" and "/" characters .
Everyting is working fine now
Thank you to you , and to all the forum team .
Best Regards
Jacques
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

Hi, use version2 instead of version4 for visifire. The plugin is testen with version2. If you google you can find v2 .
Jacques
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Jacques »

Thanks for the info ; I think its what I did , as now everything works fine
Regards
Jacques
Jacques
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Jacques »

Hello
Since I installed the Plugwise plugin for Homeseer, when I launch Homeseer, I get the following error in the Homeseer log :
<< Unable to initialize HomeSeer 1.x compatibility interface: La récupération de la fabrique de classe COM pour le composant avec le CLSID {4B3C1F4A-4B61-4897-B13F-5DF3D40C7954} a échoué en raison de l'erreur suivante : 80040154. >>
Does anybody have an idea where this come from and what I have to do with that ?
( This does not seem to have any consequence ; the plugin and Plugwise Charts work fine )
Thank you for your help
Jacques

Return to “Homeseer Plugwise Plugin Forum”