SNMP trap bug fixed

Forum over de Homeseer IPPower plugin van Rene Klootwijk (DUTCH forum)

Moderator: Rene

Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

SNMP trap bug fixed

Post by Rene »

On request of Olof I had a look at the long lasting SNMP trap bug causing Homeseer to crash and finally fixed it.
Rene.
olof

Re: SNMP trap bug fixed

Post by olof »

I can confirm the new IPPlugin works great!
Thanks Rene!

The new IPPlugin with SNMP trap works like a charm with Homeseer Pro edition & IPPower 9212.

One tip: do not change the default names of the IPPower ports (IN 1 through IN8). I did and it created additional issues.

My application (for those interested):
-I hooked up my garden gate + 2 of its gate PIR's to the IPPower 9212.
- Using the new plugin w/SNMP Homeseer now knows within 1 second if anybody 'broke' the 2 PIR beams.
- Without the SNMP trap, it was a hit/miss in detection as the PIR status referts back to default within 1-2 seconds after somebody 'broke' the beam. To quick for the combo IPPower + Homeseer to detect without SNMP.

Next step: setting up events (somehow) which enables Homeseer to determine if somebody is leaving or entering the property. Depends on the sequence which PIR is broken first. I.e. if Pir 1 first, then Pir 2 = somebody is entering my garden. If Pir 2 first, then Pir 1 = somebody is leaving the garden.

Olof
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: SNMP trap bug fixed

Post by r_255 »

Thats great !

Thanks Rene, this opens up doors ;o)
have status on the sensors like the reed contacts i recovered from this old coffeemachine to check if the door is really closed and the mail box status.

Return to “Homeseer IPPower Plugin Forum”