RGB Color picker

Alles m.b.t. HSTtouch (DUTCH forum)

Moderators: TANE, Ruud

raymonvdm

RGB Color picker

Post by raymonvdm »

I would like to know if there is a color picker available for HSTouch to control RGB leds

I`m using the following plugin to control my chromoflex controller and it is working, but i need to create 3 sliders to control the colors individualy but it noticed that openhab has a different aprouch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4_LkXIRBWc

I also want to use this to control DMX led pars but there is no HS DMX plugin yet
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
freakstar

Re: RGB Color picker

Post by freakstar »

Anyone?

Got my Hue lights stable in my HS3 installation with Jon00 Hue, but only preconfigured colors are possible. Anyone who created an colorpicker or some other nice solution?
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Hi,

I use JowiHue now (used jon00s before), and since the HS3 betas, 1.25 and up there is a colorpicker box available. Which is also now available in the jowihue plugin via de webbrowser. The colorpicker is introduced for the zwave rgbw class, and is also available now for the fibaro rgbw controllers.

However no colorpicker available yet in hstouch but I expect this will be added in the future, because its now also available in the HS3 webinterface. Mayvbe post a question on the homeseer board.

bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

bartbakels wrote:Hi,

I use JowiHue now (used jon00s before), and since the HS3 betas, 1.25 and up there is a colorpicker box available. Which is also now available in the jowihue plugin via de webbrowser. The colorpicker is introduced for the zwave rgbw class, and is also available now for the fibaro rgbw controllers.

However no colorpicker available yet in hstouch but I expect this will be added in the future, because its now also available in the HS3 webinterface. Mayvbe post a question on the homeseer board.

bart
I have a Fibaro rgbw controler up and running in Homeseer(HS3pro). Would indeed be nice to have a colour picker in hstouch. And where can I find this: "because its now also available in the HS3 webinterface"? Or do you mean in the HSTouch designer?
I only have a bunch of sliders for every colour.

Wiechert
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Hi,

I mean the hs3 webinterface not hstouch (yet) to get the new rgbw class devices so a rescan of the fibaro device with the latest zwave beta plugin. I am on 1.76

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

Bart, I am also on 1.76 now. But the only devices I get are the ones on the picture. Or is the colour picker only available when using the Jowihue plug-in?

Wiechert.
Attachments
rgbw_fibaro.tiff
rgbw_fibaro.tiff (257.94 KiB) Viewed 13512 times
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

mrqnapper,

Are you also on HS3 v 1.25 or above? Try removing all devices except the root. Do some full optimizations of the root and rescan. I found out that the colorpicker was available for those fibaro rgbw controllers, and asked the developer of jowihue to add this also to the plugin, this has been implemented and also works like a charm.

By the way I added a feature request @ homeseer to add a colorpicker in hstouch

Edit: I see you have the device that's needed, its that custom color control device, however I do not see the colorbox so I expect you are using an older version of the homeseer core app. I am on 1.30

bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

Bart,

Thanks for your response. Saw your request @Homeseer will it help if I add an +one there?
Further this is what I can find about version: HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.96 (Windows)
so for me it is not clear how/ where to find 1.25 or 1.30 ? How to update? Just download and paste it? Will have a look at the Homeseer forum for this as well.
I noticed the custom colour control device before and it looked weird to me(missing the colour picker.

Wiechert.
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

mrqnapper wrote:Bart,

Thanks for your response. Saw your request @Homeseer will it help if I add an +one there?
Further this is what I can find about version: HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.96 (Windows)
so for me it is not clear how/ where to find 1.25 or 1.30 ? How to update? Just download and paste it? Will have a look at the Homeseer forum for this as well.
I noticed the custom colour control device before and it looked weird to me(missing the colour picker.

Wiechert.
yes add a +1 ;)

the betas can be found on the homeseer message board. for me the 1.30 is very stable and includes JSON control. download it and run the installer. Please backup before upgrading. by just making a copy of the entire HS3 folder.

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC

Return to “Homeseer HStouch Forum”