Albatron - suspend

Forum about all kind of Touchpanels & Displays.
Herbus

Albatron - suspend

Post by Herbus »

If I push the on top power button or press Start - Suspend the Albatron is rebooting. I thought it would shut off or get in a stand by mode. The only way shutting it off is the move the little switch on the bottom.
Does anybody have the same experience or even better: a solution?

Thanks - Herbus

<font size="1">Homeseer 2.3.0.19, HSTouch (Albatron Touchscreen), VB plugin for communication with alarmpanel
ACT TI203, ActiveBackup, DooNetwork, BLDeviceMatrix, Jon00 Web page builder
RFXCom, RFXCharts, RFXMeter (gas, electricity, water), Oregon THGR 228 N,
Modules: Xanura SAIX12/DAIX12, KaKu (fridge), SM10 (doorbell)</font id="size1">
Erik
Starting Member
Starting Member

Albatron - suspend

Post by Erik »

Go to the control panel -> volume & sounds and tick the box for key clicks and screen tabs.
The touch screen requires a fair amount of pressure to respond.
The audiable click respons will allow you to get used to the "touch & feel" of the Albatron.

Go to control panel -> power -> schemes and check the settings for AC power and Battery power.
Use the bottom switch only for long time storage or in case you need a reset of the W-CE.
Herbus

Albatron - suspend

Post by Herbus »

That's not realy my problem.
Suspending causes for my Albatron a reboot. That for suspending by pushing the button on TOP of the screen and by choosing Start -> Suspend.

<font size="1">
Erik
Starting Member
Starting Member

Albatron - suspend

Post by Erik »

@Herbus,
I can not reproduce your problem.
On my Albatron Suspend = Suspend which means screen off and enter a hibernate condition.
The system will not wakeup by touching the screen but only by pressing the button on top.
At wakeup time (pressing top button) the system will immediate show the screen when it entered hibernate.
Only by moving the small switch at the bottom I can force a reboot
Erik
Starting Member
Starting Member

Albatron - suspend

Post by Erik »

The only difference between a boot sequence and a restore from hibernate seems to be the small slider switch at the bottom.
This slider switch is not easy to access because it is embedded in the casing, moreover the switch does not have clear end positions.
Are you sure the switch is moved all the way to the on-position?
Beside power on/off the switch might also influence the power management on a second contact.

Return to “Touchpanels, Displays & UMPC devices.”