Combination of Aritech ATS and Z-wave

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
jnathalia
Starting Member
Starting Member

Combination of Aritech ATS and Z-wave

Post by jnathalia »

I have bought a new home with an extensive alarm system from GE Aritech ATS (advisor master), panel ATS4000 and ATS7100 voter. Almost all
128 input channels are used ...

Now I would really like to link my alarm system to my home automation.
For example, by reading the status of the PIR sensor the light switches automatically on (and off again).

Such a combination I have already realised myself with Fibaro and Satel Integra. A perfect combination having used for 1 year! The alarm system makes part of my home automation for 50% already.
Everything switches automatically and litterally no light switch is needed and the energy consumption is perfectly pinched to a minimum.

Now at my new house, I am completely free in the choice of a new home automation system which I'm going to choose, but I strongly prefer Z-wave as it is quite stable. It is an existing house, in which it is no longer possible to provide new conduits. KNX thus falls off in my opinion because as this requires the bus line. So I will have to work wirelessly with actors. Hence Z-wave...

I read on the internet that AriTech ATS and KNX is an ideal combination, but unfortunately, this I have to drop. Who knows an alternate route?

Does anyone have experience with AriTech ATS and z-wave? Which automation system would do the best ? Fibaro again or Zipato? Is it possible to connect the ATS AriTech TCP / IP? I found some IP module of Aritech, the ATS1806. The PAC connector I currently have is the ATS7100 (ISDN).

All input is very welcome!
Post-IT

Re: Combination of Aritech ATS and Z-wave

Post by Post-IT »

Unless you want to use your alarm to control your home automation by detail, the Aritech KNX gateway is also quite expensive.

You could add a relay board to the Aritech, and program it in such a way each relay trips in that situation you want to use. Then use those triggers to control you home automation using an i/o input for the system you plan to use.

You can also do that the other way around, i.e. have the alarm activate/deactivate when a certain input is high or low.

Also, you could just change the alarm. Satel has some nice package deals.

P.S. KNX is not only busline. I use a mix of KNX powerline, twistedpair and IP. (including Satel with KNX interface) and there are other alternatives such as KNX-RF (wireless) or proprietary systems which work perfectly with KNX. Hager and Gira have such systems. In that option, KNX kan be used as a bridge which you can expand later.

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”