z-wave large(r) network with domoticz/raspberry pi

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
qbic2005
Starting Member
Starting Member

z-wave large(r) network with domoticz/raspberry pi

Post by qbic2005 »

Hello

I have just got my new first 2 zwave modules (fibaro) and my domoticz raspberry pi setup going.
And I 'm planning to put a lot more zwave modules in my house 20~30, but I'm a bit worried with stability, boot and reaction time after my first experiences.
(now had many crashes and still have ~3 min bootup for the open zwave driver)

So wondering : does anyone have experience with larger networks? any opinions welcome.

Stijn

-- thank you for reading , many thx for answering --
uAlex73

Re: z-wave large(r) network with domoticz/raspberry pi

Post by uAlex73 »

Crashes are weird, and i don't have them with open-zwave for a long time (I am not running Domoticz, but DomotiGa).

The 3 minutes after the initial setup of the z-wave network, seems to be long (mine with 2 Fibaro's is less then 1 minute). You should check the OZW_Log.txt for "Attempt 2" and "Attemp 3" retries, those are killing for start-up.

With a Pi, you can look at RaZberry too?
DomotiGa / Z-Wave / RFXCom / Visonic PowerMaster / Home Assistant / Zigbee2MQTT / DSMR Reader / Toon1 (rooted)
uAlex73

Post by uAlex73 »

BTW: 20+ devices will work fine, but the start-up can take many minutes with open-zwave ... With RaZberry it will be faster, but has its own problems too.
DomotiGa / Z-Wave / RFXCom / Visonic PowerMaster / Home Assistant / Zigbee2MQTT / DSMR Reader / Toon1 (rooted)
qbic2005
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by qbic2005 »

Hi

Thx for the input, reassures me somewhat at least, thx 8)

@Alex: I think this OZW log file is generated by domotiga, I cannot find such in my domoticz setup.
boekweg
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by boekweg »

I have setup a zwave network in a two story building with a footprint of 20 x 60 meters with one Fibaro controller and approximately 25 wave components and it works fine, stable and predictable. I used all Fibaro components.
uAlex73

Post by uAlex73 »

@qbic2005:

The OZW_Log.txt is generated by the open-zwave library directly, if you put it properly in debug mode. I am not sure how Domoticz does that, sorry.

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”