Eu wallmount Touch switches for z-wave

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
Moussar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Eu wallmount Touch switches for z-wave

Post by Moussar »

hi all, totally new to domotica and at the moment ready to dive in, but it seems that desing wall switches/dimmers for z-wave do not (yet) exist.
Found some solutions but those need a neutral cable to work or do not work with z-wave.

Does anyone know of glas touchpanels that do not require a neutral cable and are bice to look at.
For example this livolo (which does not work with zwave):
http://www.amazon.com/Standard-Livolo-C ... =Livolo+Eu

Just saw this, anyone any idea in how to do it?

Regards, moussar
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Eu wallmount Touch switches for z-wave

Post by bartbakels »

Hi,

I have mco home touch modules 4 way zwave relay switches. Looks almost identical. Got them from robbshop.nl

Regards

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
Moussar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Moussar »

bartbakels wrote:Hi,

I have mco home touch modules 4 way zwave relay switches. Looks almost identical. Got them from robbshop.nl

Regards

Bart
Hi, unfortunatly this one requires a neutral cable. It looks like the livolo supports the rfxcom protocol, but only receives and cant send.
Still wondering how the hack works from the guy in the above video.

Too bad not more vendors manufacture these devices for z-wave. The market seems huge.

Regards, moussar
wwolkers

Post by wwolkers »

It is possible to control the livolo switches from an arduino or raspberry pi, with some coding and some extra hardware:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=153525.0
Domo0001

Post by Domo0001 »

Hi,
I'm also new to the domotics stuff. I have recently bought a VERA3 . I was also looking into some switches, but as mentioned there is not much of choice.
Anyway, you should be able to get it working with the Livolo switches together with RFXtrxe (Europe) as shown here robbshop.nl/rfxtrx433e-usb-433-92mhz-rf ... ransceiver
That's the way I'm going to try it.
You also have the Vitrum switches...but don't know if these require a neutral wire. They are also extremely expensive :shock: .

Herman
Domo0001

Post by Domo0001 »

What is the problem with Livolo only receiving and not transmitting?
It's indeed difficult to find switches for an affordable price. Vitrum and MCOhome are extremely expensive (I have about 30 switches ).
I have ordered one switch from Livoli and hoped to trigger this via RFXtrx433e. Looking to the specs on http://www.rfxcom.com/ it seems that Livolo is supported.
Or will it not be possible?

Thx,
Herman
Moussar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Moussar »

From what i understand, only receiving means your domotica system is not aware of the state of the switch. It never knows if light is on or off and thus makes it a problem for example icluding it in a scene.
I think you will get it to work with rfxcom, there is a library (forgot the name) which you could use. There were people that trapped the signals the livolo protocol uses and added it to the library.
I also came across a brand named koti, which has cheap design switches and supports bidirectional communication and is rfxcom, but do not know if the protocol is supported with the domotica software.

Still rebuilding my house and need to buy my first domotica switch and controller. So hope to hear about the findings here.

Relikwie
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Note:

A Z-wave device always need a neutral wire to work as a router (It needs to have a steady power source) however there are some Z-Wave dimmers which feed them self using a small current flowing tru the attached Halogen bulb, but they do not work with other loads. I would advice not to use them (I have two of them)

Maybe u can buy your preferred touch switches and place a fibaro module behind them?
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
pepe6859
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pepe6859 »

raymonvdm wrote:Note:

A Z-wave device always need a neutral wire to work as a router (It needs to have a steady power source) however there are some Z-Wave dimmers which feed them self using a small current flowing tru the attached Halogen bulb, but they do not work with other loads. I would advice not to use them (I have two of them)

Maybe u can buy your preferred touch switches and place a fibaro module behind them?

I totally agree with you!!! I have made my own stainless steel push buttons N/O mounted in a glass plate with a module behind it. It looks good, can be improved by designing or buying better plates, as you like. Imagination is the limit!!!! Mine is an idea I copied from internet commercial ones !!!
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

You know u are allowed to place pictures of the end result in this forum !? :D
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
pepe6859
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pepe6859 »

raymonvdm wrote:You know u are allowed to place pictures of the end result in this forum !? :D
I'am working abroad, I will post it when back home!!! Few months only, and I will be back.
mriksman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mriksman »

If you remove the relay on the Electronics Board, and connect two wires from the two pads where the coil/low voltage side was connected - to your own relay (like an Omron G6K-2P DPDT relay), you could then wire one of the NC (or NO) contacts and the COM to the Z-Wave module.

Wire the light/load/L1 from the Z-Wave module to the light AND the L1 of the Livolo. The circuitry will sense (V_SENSE1) the voltage and drive the LEDs. And connect L of the Livolo to live as well - this will power the 3V and 12V circuits.

The DPDT means you could wire three Livolo switches together to drive one Z-Wave module. As long as each switch gets the L1 connected, the LEDS will be in sync.

See http://we.easyelectronics.ru/Shematech/ ... ivolo.html

Note: I haven't tried this yet - but will do as soon as I am home!

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”