Switch settings

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
labtec

Switch settings

Post by labtec »

How can I use a Z-wave switch for mutiple purpose i.e. I want to use it to switch the light with a normal/single push on the switch and when
I push the switch two or three times it switches a other device. Can I do this with an association or an event in the z-wave settings? example?

Thanks.
raymonvdm

Re: Switch settings

Post by raymonvdm »

It depends on which type of switch u are using sometimes you need to associated the "other'' device to group 2 of the switch to make it a double click action. But sometimes the double press is starting a z-wave scene

Which controller / devices / software are u using?
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
labtec

Post by labtec »

Hi,

Switch is a Duwi z-wave.me, controller is a AEON usb stick and I use HS2 software.

Greetz
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

labtec wrote:Hi,

Switch is a Duwi z-wave.me, controller is a AEON usb stick and I use HS2 software.

Greetz

I`ve used the same but my Zwave.ME lost its association once and since then it is not sending any status update ever. I think you need to associate the second device to group two of the zwave.me. In the still working day`s a single press activated both lights and a press and hold only switched the zwave.me switch.

http://www.zwave.eu/api/pdf.php?type=ma ... _long.html
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
labtec

Post by labtec »

Thanks for your help :-)

Greetz

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”