Z-wave network design filosofy

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
pepe6859
Starting Member
Starting Member

Z-wave network design filosofy

Post by pepe6859 »

As my house automation grows I'm discovering new needs every time. Something I have clear since the beginning was that every light and every window shutter have to be able to override the controller and work in manual mode. For this, no problem at all since all lights and shutters switching devices comes under this logic design. But, what about TVs, sound systems and all those appliances connected without passing thought a wall switch as fibaro wall plusg or 6 plugs power strips (which I have in mind for my TV station).
Once I was abroad and my controller got stuck after a short power failure, only one push button I have installed to call all shutters UP/DOWN and one wall plug I have to report Refrigerator status entered in the LIMBO ZONE. My wife was able to continue with a normal life until my arrival :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, what if TV and other equipment where connected to a behind shelf switches ??????
gohan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Z-wave network design filosofy

Post by gohan »

I don't understand what would be the problem with sound system and tv, since they can operate normally on their own. As a personal note, if your controller has problems with minor power failures I would suggest getting a small UPS just to be safe.

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”