Z-Wave Plus

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
raymonvdm

Z-Wave Plus

Post by raymonvdm »

Once in a while i`m having some issues with my current Z-wave stick (Z-Wave.ME and Aeon Labs). The stick will lockup due to too many Z-Wave commands which seems to be a known issue

I`m thinking of replacing the stick with a Z-Wave Plus version stick. Is there anyone using a Z-WavePlus stick ?

For example this one
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
mhn

Re: Z-Wave Plus

Post by mhn »

I use the UZB with Homeseer 3.

Regards
Morten
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

What setting do you use? Generic serial or sigma design?
groeten,
Harry
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Phaeton wrote:What setting do you use? Generic serial or sigma design?
Same question here because the interface does not seem to be working :?:
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
mhn

Post by mhn »

Generic and plugin .214.

You need one of the last plugins versions. It started working late but I cannot remember when.

Regards
Morten
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I`m running .216 but the interface does not respond
mhn

Post by mhn »

That doesn't sound good.

No problems here. Does it work in another PC?

Regards
Morten
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

Same here. Im running virtual. Ill try on a different computer this weekend. I bought a different stick. I want to try it thuis weekend to rule out my first stick. Lets hope it arrives on time.
Last edited by Phaeton on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
groeten,
Harry
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I pulled the stick to identify the com port it was using and after that i changed the driver to uzb found on the zwave.me website. Now it seems to be working as i could erase the stick :D

Note: I`m no longer running virtual because vmware gave me USB errors :cry:

Is it possible to migrate all Z-Wave data from the Z-wave.ME stick to the Z-WavePlus stick without removing/adding every node one by one ?
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

Yes. Look at the homeseer Zee.net install manual. Its explained there. Im curious if that works for you. Because there it failed for me. After the coping of nodes to the new stick.
groeten,
Harry
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I performed the following steps

- Remove al interfaces from my HS3 test setup
- Add the production interface to my HS3 test setup
- Backup the Configuration of this stick (Zwave.ME Stick)
- Remove the stick from my HS3 test setup
- Add the new interface to my HS3 test setup
- Restore the backup to this stick (Zwave.ME UZB) Note: If the restore is not working you first must erase the new interface
- Test it out

It is not yet working the stick has a different HomeID and the nodes are 110 111 etc instead of 10,11

Manual: http://www.homeseer.com/guides/Z-NET-In ... -Guide.pdf
mhn

Post by mhn »

I transferred my net from an Aeon stick.

I just added the UZB as secondary and transferred primary. I had some kind of problems, I can't remember exactly what, but a reboot fixed it. I think it didn't look like I had any primary before the boot.

My net has taken a lot of punches the last 7 years but it’s still the same net. :-)

Regards
Morten
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

mhn wrote:I transferred my net from an Aeon stick.

I just added the UZB as secondary and transferred primary. I had some kind of problems, I can't remember exactly what, but a reboot fixed it. I think it didn't look like I had any primary before the boot.

My net has taken a lot of punches the last 7 years but it’s still the same net. :-)

Regards
Morten
Did you use HS2 or HS3 for this ? My production is still HS2 and transfer has worked but migrate from secondary to primairy did not.
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

mhn wrote:Generic and plugin .214.

You need one of the last plugins versions. It started working late but I cannot remember when.

Regards
Morten
Hi,

I also ordered this stick(UZB zwave plus) to migrate from my Zwave.me stick

I know the procedure to include and transfer primary, but is it also possible to use the backup and restore function wich is added to the hs3 zwave plugin? Btw i am also running virtual using a NUC and ESXI, no USB problems yet, and have about 5 USB devices including the way 2 call modem

regards

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

Should work as described by homeseer in the manual i mentioned above. But for me it didnt work. So I ordered another stick to try this weekend (wanted a backup anyway).
groeten,
Harry

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”