Wall Controllers and Roller Shutters

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
martinisoft

Wall Controllers and Roller Shutters

Post by martinisoft »

Dear fellow forum members,

Recently I associated a Duwi wall controller with the Fibaro Roller shutter 2.
I can sends my blinds up and down by short up and down presses on the wall controller.
The thing is that when the blinds are moving I cannot stop it by briefly pressing the opposite direction.
When I do this the blinds are inmediatly changing directions instead of stopping.
I also cannot use press and hold to control the blinds. When I do this, the blinds will go up or down all the way and will not stop when I release the button.
Al this seems to work when I connect impuls switches directly to te roller shutter 2.
I also tried the Zwave.me wall controller (based on the duwi hardware) but with this controller the roller shutter responds exactly the same.
I want to replace my roller shutters and found that the qubino's are simular in size and also have an auto learning feature.
This is what I really like about the fibaro's.
Does anyone here know if the qubino roller shutter does play nicely with the wall controllers?
Or do I have to go for the zwave.me roller shutters to get this working properly?

thanks for thinking with me on this one..

Martijn.
gohan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Wall Controllers and Roller Shutters

Post by gohan »

I think there are some parameters to send from the controllers in order to configure buttons behavior: check the fibaro manual they are all explained.
martinisoft

Post by martinisoft »

Thanks for your response..
I already did some tests with the parameters in the Fibaro modules.
These seem to have influence on the localy connected buttons only, not the wall controller.

Martijn.
gohan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by gohan »

maybe it is the wall controller that needs to be configured: according to specs it should differentiate between single click and hold down press. The easy way could be to set up a rule/association in your controller (or a scene), or play around with Group Associations (group 1 single click and group 2 hold down press) if you want to operate without the controller being involved. I'm new to zwave, so I'm sorry I still don't have so much experience.

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”