How does domoticz bit/byte work in configuration??

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
nawikre

How does domoticz bit/byte work in configuration??

Post by nawikre »

Hi there guys,

i am (finally) starting to introduce myself within Domoticz. I have added a home energy meter 2E HEM3 as a device. Now i see a lot of V(olt), W(att) and A(mps) usage.....but i now want to compine all these usages into one single kWh notation. I would say no problem.....weel for me it is.

When i go to the configuration of the unit (Configuration--Hardware--click on the usb zwave to see the nodes---click on the Aeotec home energy meter G2) i can generate group reports 101 102 103 and all the info is noted what to fill in...

Code: Select all

101. Group 1 Reports: 
 (huidig: 0)

Which reports need to send in group1. Format is as follows: Byte 1 (msb): Reserved Byte 2: Reserved Byte 3: Bit 7: reserved Bit 6: reserved Bit 5: Auto Send Meter Report (for kWh) at the group time interval (Clamp 3) Bit 4: Auto Send Meter Report (for kWh) at the group time interval (Clamp 2) Bit 3: Auto Send Meter Report (for kWh) at the group time interval (Clamp 1) Bit 2: Auto Send Meter Report (for watts) at the group time interval (Clamp 3) Bit 1: Auto Send Meter Report (for watts) at the group time interval (Clamp 2) Bit 0: Auto Send Meter Report (for watts) at the group time interval (Clamp 1) Byte 4 (lsb): Bit 7: reserved Bit 6: reserved Bit 5: reserved Bit 4: reserved Bit 3: Auto Send Meter Report (for kWh) at the group time interval (whole HEM) Bit 2: Auto Send Meter Report (for watts) at the group time interval (whole HEM) Bit 1: Auto Send Multilevel Sensor Report (for watts) at the group time interval (whole HEM) Bit 0: Auto Send Battery Report at the group time interval (whole HEM)
Last Update: Fri Oct 16 15:10:35 2015 

And what i want is

Code: Select all

Bit 3: Auto Send Meter Report (for kWh) at the group time interval (whole HEM)
But how does this work....i have read a couple of options....where it says add the Bits....and the Bytes....?????

WTF.....can someone show me how to do this, or where i can find the complete info....

The next thing is that in my devices overview i can see 4 CM113 items...but i only have 3 clamps.....how is it possible that it shows 4 measuring value's.
See picture

thanks
Attachments
domoticz.png
domoticz.png (77.53 KiB) Viewed 7994 times
greetz,

Iwan
nawikre

Re: how does domoticz bit/byte work in configuration??

Post by nawikre »

Can no one send me in the right direction?
greetz,

Iwan
uAlex73

Post by uAlex73 »

I have no clue how Domoticz works, but bit vs byte is reasonable simple:

bit 0: 1
bit 1: 2
bit 2: 4
bit 3: 8
bit 4: 16
bit 5: 32
bit 6: 64
bit 7: 128

A byte has 8 bits, so just add all bits together with are "on" (or 1).

So if bit 1 and 4 are on, you fill in 2+16 = 18
if bit 0 and 6 are on, you fill in 1+64 = 65
if bit 0, 1, 2 and 3 are on, you fill in 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 = 15
DomotiGa / Z-Wave / RFXCom / Visonic PowerMaster / Home Assistant / Zigbee2MQTT / DSMR Reader / Toon1 (rooted)
nawikre

Post by nawikre »

Thank you very much for this....i understand it now..
greetz,

Iwan

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”