Solidstate switch

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
Bastiaan

Solidstate switch

Post by Bastiaan »

Does anybody knows a Zwave solid state switch ?

Most Fibaro and Qubino work with relais and don't work well when switching (LED) powersupplies that have a high start peak.
raymonvdm

Re: Solidstate switch

Post by raymonvdm »

I have no issues with relais switches and led drivers. But if you want to use solid state i think you need to use both. Fibaro for switching the solid state relais and the solid state relais for switching the actual load

https://www.vekto.nl/solid-state-relais ... -40A/51598
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan »

Thanks Good tip. Affordable too.

I got some high Density LED strips with 600 per meter. Double length. The power per strip is too much for an RGbW Fibaro unit unless I split them up. But then the main power will always be on and although it is a switched power it still draws some power. Might need to check with another less powerful power adapter.
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

There are special RGB power units which follow the input of an RGB strip to control levels but use an external powersupply for the power.

I think this is a better solution then using a solid state relais
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”