How to upgrade HSM100 firmware

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
ekempen
Starting Member
Starting Member

How to upgrade HSM100 firmware

Post by ekempen »

Hi, I have a total of 5 HSM100 sensors in use. Ever since I upgraded from HomeSeer Pro 2 on Windows XP to HomeSeer Pro3 on Linux, I am having issues with 4 of these sensors. The sensor that is not causing any issues is running on application version 3.3, the other 4 are on application version 1.13.
The problem is that these sensor no longer report temperature and luminance automatically, not at the periodic intervals, and also not when motion is detected. The only way I can get update values is to perform a rescan.
I received new firmware from HomeSeer, ezmotionEU_3_04.hex, but without instructions, and I failed to find any firmware update instructions online.
Does anyone know how to perform a firmware upgrade of an HSM100?
mhn

Re: How to upgrade HSM100 firmware

Post by mhn »

HS3 can update some devices. On the Z-Wave tab of the device there's "Firmware Update" on the devices HS3 know how to update.

Regards
Morten
ekempen
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ekempen »

Hi Morten, thanks for the reply. But I do not see any "update" option on the device's Z-Wave tab.
Could it be that the Windows HS3 version show this, and the Linux version not?
ekempen
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ekempen »

In the mean time, I have quickly installed the Windows version of HS3-PRO and this one does also not show any firmware update option on the device z-wave page, and also not anywhere else...

Has anyone ever been able to successfully update the firmware on their HSM100 devices? If so, please share the procedure.
mhn

Post by mhn »

Sorry I don't know. But I think it must be there on Linux too.

It's only visible on nodes that HS can update.

It looks like this on a Fibaro RGBW:
Attachments
Klippebord-1.jpg
Klippebord-1.jpg (20.38 KiB) Viewed 6930 times
Sparkman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Sparkman »

From what I recall, the hsm100 does not support OTA (over the air) updates so therefore that option is not available for it. HS used to have an upgrade service for this device where you needed to send it to them, but that is no longer listed in their store. I would email sales@homeseer.com to see.

Cheers
Al

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”