Using EM6555 PCB in outdoor light fixture

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
Mai Pensato
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Using EM6555 PCB in outdoor light fixture

Post by Mai Pensato »

I have been busy connecting these switches following the schemes of AshaiRey. However I did not manage (yet) to get the situation that I can switch the light both on as off via this z-wave switch or via the exisiting manual switch. Same way as for example the Fibaro relay switches modules that I also use. In a way that they work indepedently and does not matter if the light is alreay on or off and always seeing the right status of the light in my (vera) controller. Is this not possible with this switch or do I something wrong or are the scheme's not clear/right ?
Broes

Post by Broes »

I assume that you are referring to the schemes that I've posted (not Bram).

It is not possible to see the status of your light if you switch manually.
In the left scheme you're sure that the light is off if you switch off your light via z-wave or if you switch off manually (for the latter it means that the PCB has no supply anymore).
In the right scheme you're sure that the light is on when you switch on your light via z-wave or if you switch on manually (for the latter the PCB doesn't "see" that the light is on).

A Fibaro switch has separated channels for input (manual switch) and output(light) and the EM6555 is the switch.
Peter
HW: Arduino/Fritzbox/Oregon/RFXCom/Squeezebox/Z-wave
SW: HS3/Arduino/Buienradar/Jon00(several)/HSMetro/Netcam/P1/RFXCom/Squeezebox/Z-wave
Mai Pensato
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Mai Pensato »

@Broes,
Yes I meant your schemes, sorry did not look very well...
Thanks for the explanation. It's clear now! Although this is a disadvantage to this cheap solution..
I can confirm though that this switch works with both LED bulbs as TL tubes.

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”