Control 2 step motor with Fibaro Switch 2

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
CaptNemo

Control 2 step motor with Fibaro Switch 2

Post by CaptNemo »

I want to switch a ventilator on/off and high/low with one single Fibaro Switch 2. I think it may be possible by advanced associations. I have some questions, maybe someone can help.

What I want to achieve:
I have a mains or L (brown in Netherlands), and two additional switch wires (black). When testing putting 230V on the L makes the fan go on, and an additional 230V on one of the black wires makes the fan go faster. (230V on the second black wire seems to do nothing).

I want to use the Fibaro Switch 2 to switch the L and the single back wire in such a way that either the fan is Off, on Low, or on High. If I connect the L on Q1 and the black on Q2, and both S1 and S2 to switches (momentary?) I want to activate only Q1 when S1 is toggled to ON, but both Q1 and Q2 to ON when S2 is toggled to ON, both Q1 and Q2 to OFF when S1 is toggled to OFF, and only Q2 to OFF when S2 is toggled to OFF.

Possible solution using associations:
I want to associate Q1 of this device to the 5th association group to respond on basic ON/OFF commands from S2, and limit the basic commands broadcasted to ON only. Similarly I want to associate Q2 of this device to the 2nd association group to respond on basic ON/OFF commands from S1, and limit the basic commands broadcasted to OFF only.

So, the question is:
Is it possible to associate this device itself (Endpoint 2 in Homeseer?) to have Q2 also respond to S1 basic commands, and can I limit the basic command of an association group to ON or OFF only?

Any help is greatly appreciated! I have added references to the manuals.

Fibaro Switch 2 manual
manuals.fibaro.com/content/manuals/en/F ... T-v1.1.pdf

Zehnder/ StorkAir rooftop ventilator
http://www.zehnder.nl/download/28757/20612.pdf

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”