How to backup Z-wave node associations?

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

How to backup Z-wave node associations?

Post by MindBender »

I have moved to a new house and left the Xanura S10 installation behind me. Now I'm starting all over again and I have selected (mostly) Qubino Z-Wave Plus modules for the job. I have selected the Aeontec Gen5 Z-stick as my network controller, but I'm still in doubt about what software/box to use.

In order to setup my network, I have to associate Z-wave devices (nodes) to the USB stick (network controller), to have them join the network. Now I'm wondering where these associations are stored. The Aeontec has a battery on board and allows stand-alone joining of nodes. This suggests associations are stored inside it. Is this correct? Or are they just cached inside, to be parsed to the host computer at the moment it is plugged in again?

I would like to evaluate several different Domotica applications, but some nodes will be really hard to reach, like the plug module behind the fridge. And I'm not looking forward to do this all over again after switching to another application. Or to a controller box...

Who knows more?
mhn

Re: How to backup Z-wave node associations?

Post by mhn »

The associations are on the stick. Only thing that is not there are the security certificate if you use secure.

Hence you can try your net on different masters without adding and removing the devices except secure devices.

Regards
Morten
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by MindBender »

This post seems to point into the same direction:
https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopi ... =24&t=8498

Now if I introduce my Z-Wave USB stick to a freshly installed computer, will domotica software on it recognize my devices? Or do I need to disassociate and reassociate everything?
mhn

Post by mhn »

Your Z-Wave net is on the stick. You might need to import the net to your software.

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”