Merten Connect software stopped working

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
olof

Merten Connect software stopped working

Post by olof »

Hi,

As anybody ever experienced this error message from Merten´s Connect software ´MertenCT.exe stopped working´? It is driving me crazy.

Why am I still using it: I am on Homeseer 2 and need that old beast Merten Connect software to program my Merten Z-wave devices...

Background info:
- That software has not been changed by Merten since 2010... but always worked fine. But last time I used it was some years ago on Windows 7 and (I think) Windows 8
- Now on Windows 10 I have re-installed it now on different laptops but still the above problem.
- I have disabled the Win 10 firewall to no avail

Anybody have any suggestions? My whole outside z-wave lighting has failed and I need to find out what is going on.

thanks in advance
Olof
abl

Re: Merten Connect software stopped working

Post by abl »

I experienced exactly the same problem this weekend, when I tried adding one Merten device to my network. On a newer laptop (Win 10) it didn’t work... I was very happy to still have my Windows XP laptop (>10 years old) with the software installed. Btw I was positively surprised by the speed of that laptop [emoji23]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
olof

Post by olof »

thanks for confirming my suspicion that it is Windows 10 thing.
I will borrow an old laptop from work to get this thing done.

But then I have to make a decision to migrate to Homeseer 3 or switch to Fibaro. Decisions, decisions, decisions....
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

I am renovate my house now and I like to reorganize my Merten network next weekend. Some devices aren't work well.
The Merten Configurator software is installed in Windows, but I have no driver anymore to get connection with the Merten Connect USB data Interface.
Is there anybody who can send this driver to me for use? Or where I can download the driver?

Thanks.

Wim
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

I have tried both and several other sites with those notifications, but no driver found. Only a programm that manage the upgrading for drivers.

Has somebody the configurator software of Merten or Schneider Electric on cd? See http://www.schneider-electric.nl/nl/pro ... interface/

Wim
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

Driver found.
If you install the Configurator in Windows XP, the driver will installed directly with the configurator together.
Till now it was not possible for me in WIndows 7 or 10.

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”