Merten Connect and Homeseer 3

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Merten Connect and Homeseer 3

Post by Wim2008 »

For 9 years I use now Homeseer with Merten Connect. First HS2 and Merten Connect and later with HS3.
In HS2 I used Merten devices but the best way to use all Merten devices was to use first the Merten software and the USB-dongle of Merten as the primary controller and the Aeon Z-stick as secondary controller. This works fine for me. A second benefit for me was: If the HS software is not working, the switches of Merten will always work by hand. Also the battery switches.
Later with HS3 I used the Aeon Z-stick again as secondary controller and it was also working fine for all devices of Merten. In the meanwhile I have also several other z-wave suppliers. And those devices gives several problems with in the Merten software. I bought a Aeon stick gen 5 for all other z-wave devices. And use this gen 5 stick together with the z-stick in HS3. Works also fine for me. So I was a happy user of z-wave devices, specially of the Merten devices.
End of last year we did a renovation of our house and several connections of the z-wave devices were lost or defect. I decided to read in again all z-wave devices. But there were some problems to read in the Merten devices into the secondary Aeon controller. I don't why. Also the other z-wave devices of other suppliers gives a lot of problems to read in the Merten software.
Looking on the internet I saw the the next info about Merten Connect devices: forums.homeseer.com/forum/lighting-primary-technology-plug-ins/lighting-primary-technology-discussion/90264-merten-z-wave-hs3-what-are-my-options-
So I start last week to use only 1 controller for all z-wave devices, included the Merten devices. And directly read in in HS3 with the Aeon Z-stick as primary controller.
All z-wave devices were to read in well. Most Merten devices gives no problems. Only the battery switches with two switches, give some problems for me.
Also the programming of some switches is difficult to find in HS3 after reading in the device. Some info about that programming is in the attached file to find.
So I looking for people who did this job before and can give some more info how to do that programming.

Wim
Attachments
Merten_battery_instruction.pdf
(65.41 KiB) Downloaded 527 times
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Merten Connect and Homeseer 3

Post by Wim2008 »

I ead in in the Merten Connect 506219. Is the Connect radio push-button 2-gang.
And the Merten Connect 507502. Is the Connect radio reciever switch 2-gang.
Both work in HS3. Reciever works perfect. The 2-gang remote has only 1 line in HS3 and both gangs give the same signal to HS3 if you push them by hand. But this describt in the file I attached before.
There is also standing: Go to the Modify Device window and make a choice of going directly to Associations or Configure windows.
I like to change nothing. So I opened the Association window.
And now I have to do something I can't find: 'Transmit Node info frame' routine.
Where in the Associatioon can change the Node info frame?

Both devices are read in with the Aeon Stick gen 5. In the attachement it is the Merten remote switch.
Attachments
Merten 2-gang switch A.jpg
Merten 2-gang switch A.jpg (91.17 KiB) Viewed 5243 times
Last edited by Wim2008 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

if it works not as i should in homeseer, you have to contact homeseer
Wim2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Wim2008 »

I think I do something wrong, because the document 'To understand Merten Connect battery powered devices' is saying some comments to practical use.
Perhaps this is only for HS2? I don't know.

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”