Merten Connect

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Merten Connect

Post by Alexander »

I'm looking for a solution that has problem/collision solutions within the protocol. Z-Wave does that. One of those manufacturer is Merten (CONNECT is the product range: http://www.merten.de/html/en/dl_bro.html#Dutch).

I've found a forum where they say that Merten is just compatible with Z-Ware and works with the Z-Ware computer interface for homeseer (http://www.embeddedautomation.com/forum ... php?t=1346) (read the third post).

I'm willing to try this. But maybe somebody here has tried it and can give some information.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Merten Connect

Post by TANE »

Merten is Zwave compatible.

In few weeks I'm going test the Vera Box, (www.ezhome.nl)
The zwave stick is from Aeaon labs this one works with Homeseer and is better alternative the the other available products.
I'm not sure if the merten pc interface will work with Homeseer.
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Merten Connect

Post by Alexander »

I can remember that the owner of the site was posting here about the vera box. Its an interesting site. I will try the stuff i guess. Nice modules.
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Merten Connect

Post by Alexander »

Enver: What do you mean with "better alternative". Any comparison? You compare the stick with the pyramide i guess?
Do you test the Vera Box just to see what it is capable of what the possibilities are or real thinking of replacing HS (if it could) ?
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Merten Connect

Post by TANE »

yep the pyramide thing..There is no option for adding devices.
This has to be done via HS. Other alternative is use zwave master remote for adding devices.
From the master remote you can transfer it to the zwave PC interface.
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Merten Connect

Post by r_255 »

In a few days i hope to recieve the Aeaon zwave interface and shall post my experiences with it.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Merten Connect

Post by TANE »

Forget to say why I'm testing the Vera..

I'm not going to replace HS...is just to see what the possibilities are.
I think this is good alternative for HCB
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Merten Connect

Post by Willem4ever »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by r_255</i>
<br />In a few days i hope to recieve the Aeaon zwave interface and shall post my experiences with it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Keep us posted, i have some interest as well in this device ...
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Merten Connect

Post by r_255 »

I got the Aeaon zwave interface pluged in and use it with homeseer.
Can't say much about compatibility as i only got 3 plug in switches ( act home pro ) but these work fine and fast,

Installing was simpel and the drivers installed automatic when i mounted it on the belkin network usb router, the only thing i had to do was setting up z-troller give it a comport in homeseer and add my zwave devices. ( just click add zwave device in homeseer and turn the switch on and off manual )

The described procedure by removing the usb stick and add zwave device did not work for me, but as it runs fine from homeseer itself i dont feel the need to find out why ( must be something i do wrong ) Optimizing your network and the other zwave functions run okay sofar.

It does not interfear with other usb2serial drivers, at this point i dont have any remarks besides the limited documentation
About the service from EZhome, i can be short.. GOOD and clear communications.

If you want some specific information please ask,
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Merten Connect

Post by Willem4ever »

which devices do you currently use, i read there are some devices which do not require a "nul" wire to work. That would be ideal as it is not always easy to get a "nul" wire in an existing installation.

EDIT: Forget my question, you already answered it.
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Merten Connect

Post by Willem4ever »

Got my ZWAVE stuff today, aeon labs controller and a pop interact 3 (switch). Setting up is easy. Can't say I'm happy with the reach, but then again I only have a single device.

One observation, when I use the local switch the switch on/off the status is not reflected correctly in Homeseer. I have set polling parameters, but it doesn't seem to poll or update the status correctly.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Merten Connect

Post by TANE »

did you try associations option?
Bastiaan

Merten Connect

Post by Bastiaan »

I got the same test set as willem but did you and enver manage to get it working alongside the Xanura driver? (see my other topic: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3157 )
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Merten Connect

Post by Willem4ever »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zebrafilm</i>
<br />I got the same test set as willem but did you and enver manage to get it working alongside the Xanura driver? (see my other topic: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3157 )
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I have a CTX 35, so no driver conflict for me.
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Merten Connect

Post by Willem4ever »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chak</i>
<br />did you try associations option?

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”