Merten Connect

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
EzHome

Merten Connect

Post by EzHome »

I just tested Network Health Options with the Aeon-Labs Z-Stick and it works in HS.

Both your Merten and ACT are routers, the router function is automatic in a z-wave network.

My HS is upstairs and some devices are in the basement, they work great with routers on the first floor installed.
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Merten Connect

Post by Alexander »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ezHome</i>
not all devices work as a router, normaly all z-wave switches work as a router.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Can you update the website with this information? Currently the Popp devices are all mentioned as "slave". So, is for example the Adaptus also a router?

Nice 2 see that you also included Merten in your portfolio.
EzHome

Merten Connect

Post by EzHome »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mgizmo</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ezHome</i>
not all devices work as a router, normaly all z-wave switches work as a router.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Can you update the website with this information? Currently the Popp devices are all mentioned as "slave". So, is for example the Adaptus also a router?

Nice 2 see that you also included Merten in your portfolio.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

There is no need to update the information because it's correct, Master / Slave isn't the same as router or no router.

In general power line connected devices work as router, all battery operated devices are no routers.

Master means it can send z-wave signals and slave means it receives.

But to keep it clear I added extra information if the product is a router or not.

So your question if the Popp Adaptus is a router is yes and it also is a slave.
William.abbo

Merten Connect

Post by William.abbo »

O.k., so it look's like the Aeon-Labs Z-Stick is a good investment ezHome, the Network Health Options do work with this stick, I will order one this week. In the mean time I have made a little changes to my test environment to see wether routing is working properly now. For now I do not see any 'warning' messages' in the HS log any more. ezHome thanks for the info.
William.abbo

Merten Connect

Post by William.abbo »

FYI:

Replaced the Merten RF-receiver 507001 with a different Z-Wave module for testing puposes, all routing problems are gone! So it seems that a Merten RF-receiver 507001 does NOT route.
EzHome

Merten Connect

Post by EzHome »

Strange because the the catalog says it's a router:

http://www.merten.de/download/DL_kat_nl ... ysteem.pdf
William.abbo

Merten Connect

Post by William.abbo »

Mmm, I see, obviously not.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ezHome</i>
<br />Strange because the the catalog says it's a router:

http://www.merten.de/download/DL_kat_nl ... ysteem.pdf
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”