HomePro ZDW232 troubles

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
Vullisbak

HomePro ZDW232 troubles

Post by Vullisbak »

Yesterday I received my first HomePro ZDW232 to start of my Z-wave home automation adventure (/me excited).

However, when I switched on the power to the unit it briefly lit up the blue LED and the 20watt light bulb. After a few seconds it suddenly switched to 100% dim. It doesn't respond to the paddles, nor can I add it to the home network using the ThinkEssentials Pro software.
I already disconnected it from the powergrid for 12 hours or so hoping it would discharge any memory settings, but when I reconnected it a few minutes ago it was still unresponsive.

Could the unit be malfunctioning, or am I doing something wrong here. Couldn't find anything on troubleshooting in the enclosed manual.
EzHome

HomePro ZDW232 troubles

Post by EzHome »

I don't know for sure but does it have a fuse?
The Popp in-wall dimmer has a fuse what you can take out resetting your device because you use a bulb what is to weak (the specs say from 25 watts - 500 watss) this will do no good to your device.

Also never try to connect energy saving bulbs to your dimmer, this will kill both of them!
Vullisbak

HomePro ZDW232 troubles

Post by Vullisbak »

Thanks for the tip.
Will look for a fuse tonight, but I'll first await an official response from the vendor. Not sure if I void warranty when removing the fuse myself.
EzHome

HomePro ZDW232 troubles

Post by EzHome »

Did it solve your problem or didn't you try it?
Vullisbak

HomePro ZDW232 troubles

Post by Vullisbak »

sorry, hadn't had time to get back on this.
Unfortunately the unit didn't have a visible fuse, and connecting it to a 60W light bulb didn't solve it either.
Contacted the vendor who gave me pretty much the same things to check as you did. This afternoon I decided to send back the unit for repair or replacement. The vendor didn't offer me a collect and return, instead I had to go to the postoffice myself and pay for the shipment. Is this normal?

Anyway, so far no satisfying experiences with z-wave. Hopefully I am able to change my opinion on this soon. Maybe I need to try another brand. I'll keep you informed.
mhn

HomePro ZDW232 troubles

Post by mhn »

You could try Dwi (Popp).

They are good quality. (Except the remote is not able to work with a master.)

Regards
Morten
EzHome

HomePro ZDW232 troubles

Post by EzHome »

I think it's not the way it should be that you have to pay for returning if it's broken.

I can tell you most of the users here on the forum are using the Popp dimmer and are satisfied. This node has a fuse (and a spare one) which can ejected if there is a problem with it or if the connected device uses to much power.

The good thing of using Popp is that you can also get the normal non z-wave switches and power outlets so there is no need to mix several brands in your house (they have everyting you need)

Quality and pricing is good.
Vullisbak

HomePro ZDW232 troubles

Post by Vullisbak »

Is there a clear photo of a Popp paddle available?
The reason I choose for HomePro is that the paddles appeared to be the same as I have all around my house. They turned out to be slightly larger, but still quite similar in look and feel. I couldn't find a clear image of how a complete Popp switch looks. Looking back, I might have made the wrong decision.

I'll be needing 2, possibly 3, blind controls ('rolluikschakelaars') shortly. No HomePro blind modules available, so any advice on Popp solutions will be appreciated. The Popp Z-Wave Rolluikschakelaar INTERACT looks like a complete switch to me but, based on other topics, I understand that this is not a complete switch. Or am I wrong here?
As said, advice is most welcome.
EzHome

HomePro ZDW232 troubles

Post by EzHome »

I'll send you a clear picture of the Popp swich when I arrive home to morrow, the Popp rolluikschakelaar is a complete switch including a frame but the picture chak posted is a little bit confusing.

Can you send me a message on our website so I have you e-mail (can't send pm's because I don't have enough posts yet)
Vullisbak

HomePro ZDW232 troubles

Post by Vullisbak »

Thanks, I have sent you a message using the form on your website this morning.
mhn

HomePro ZDW232 troubles

Post by mhn »

I have a couple of pictures of EDAN 300 here: http://zwaves.dk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=311 (It is compared to danish FUGA, but you can ignore that. :-) )

Regards
Morten
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

HomePro ZDW232 troubles

Post by Alexander »

The EDAN 300 is the same as the POPP if the inside is the same. Outside is the same.

Alexander

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”